DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: SF and SWPF

SF and SWPF

I don't have the Savage Worlds edition of Pathfinder, but I am intensely curious about it. I am also interested in the intriguing yet somewhat flawed setting and technology in Starfinder. And what I'm wondering is whether the SF setting, weapins, equipment, etc. is adaptable with SWPF (or is it PFSW). This will seriously influence my purchase decision.
    FGU Ultimate -- All Players Welcome
    "Without Love, I'd have no anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

Haven't played SW at all, but the way I understand it it's setting agnostic so I would assume you can adapt the setting with a bit of tweaking here and there.
    Can't speak about mechanics (equipment, character options, etc.)
    Maybe the SW forums can help out more.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

The Pathfinder for SavageWorlds ruleset is a version of Savage Worlds designed specifically for running Pathfinder for Savage Worlds products - which are fantasy based.

So, if you want to run Savage Worlds adventures in the Pathfinder fantasy setting, then look into Pathfinder for Savage Worlds.

If you want to run Starfinder adventures using Savage Worlds then you'll probably have to look at adapting SWADE to cater for what you want to do - this will give you more options than trying to shoehorn something that's similar, but not the same as Pathfinder, into Pathfinder for Savage Worlds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Haven't played SW at all, but the way I understand it it's setting agnostic so I would assume you can adapt the setting with a bit of tweaking here and there.
    Can't speak about mechanics (equipment, character options, etc.)
    Maybe the SW forums can help out more.
    Setting agnostic is great (I love "generic" systems in general) but some things just fit better in some systems than others. GURPS can handle most things decently, after a fashion, but I wouldn't run a Supers game with it or anything truly "cinematic". Why? Because GURPS is firmly centered on the real world and "what if" variations on it. Vehicular combat was difficult to run in my expeireence, and of course the vehicle design system (which required an entire book by itself) was something akin to real engineering. And a Pathfinder game in GURPS would be grittier, nastier, and more intense because that's just the way GURPS works. GURPS is a game I love, a truly great piece of work. But I wouldnm't run Pathfinder in it.

You've given me something to think about now. For example, I sincerely hope that Pinnacle and Paizo seriously consider Starfinder for Savage Worlds. That would have fascinating possibilities. Although I got the Flash Gordon core supplement for FG, which will be interesting to see where a property like this can go.
    Last edited by Michael Hopcroft; December 31st, 2021 at 01:43.
    FGU Ultimate -- All Players Welcome
    "Without Love, I'd have no anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

Thread Information