DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    v3.1 is now in the forge. This is a compatibilty release, no new features.

All, a little confused here. I am using this extension "Effect Removal Extension". I am using this for 5e not PF. The name of the extension on my PC is 5e Remove Effect Tag. I am getting errors on that extension. Is this thread for that extension? I believe I was pointed here from the forge. If so, it's still showing errors in 5e. I hope (pray) this all makes sense, this is a fairly important extension for my group. I also made a post on an older thread that may or may not be related.

[3/1/2023 1:04:42 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E Remove Effect Tag:..pts/power_action.lua"]:49: attempt to index global 'castbutton' (a nil value)
    [3/1/2023 1:04:42 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E Remove Effect Tag:..pts/power_action.lua"]:49: attempt to index global 'castbutton' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    All, a little confused here. I am using this extension "Effect Removal Extension". I am using this for 5e not PF. The name of the extension on my PC is 5e Remove Effect Tag.
    As you speculated, you're in the wrong thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension
    Last edited by bmos; March 1st, 2023 at 21:49.

Thanks I appreciate it. I have a post up in the thread provided.

Is there any chance this could be made to work with 5e? The other (similar) extension has fallen by the wayside and is no longer functioning. I also saw someone post in that thread that player effect removal was not part of CoreRPG, but I can't find any reference of it or get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Is there any chance this could be made to work with 5e? The other (similar) extension has fallen by the wayside and is no longer functioning. I also saw someone post in that thread that player effect removal was not part of CoreRPG, but I can't find any reference of it or get it to work.
    What was probably being said about CoreRPG is that players who add effects themselves can also remove those effects themselves via the UI. This is different than the operation of this extension as it handles it via the "REMOVE" effect (and also offers STACK and MULTI).

I have no plans for supporting this extension in 5E as I don't play that system. I give my full blessing to anyone who wants to crack open this extension and port it to 5E though.

I need some help I think. I'm trying to make a stackable effect for the Legendary Kineticist. This is the script; [STACK: Burn; ABIL: -1 strength; ABIL: -1 dexterity; SKILL: -1 strength; SKILL: -1 dexterity] When I click it a second time though; it states that the effect [ALREADY EXISTS]. If I try [STACK: Burn] that will stack fine I get 1 Stack 2 stack etc. but even adding just ABIL: -1 strength behind it keeps it from working again. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eanelen View Post
    I need some help I think. I'm trying to make a stackable effect for the Legendary Kineticist. This is the script; [STACK: Burn; ABIL: -1 strength; ABIL: -1 dexterity; SKILL: -1 strength; SKILL: -1 dexterity] When I click it a second time though; it states that the effect [ALREADY EXISTS]. If I try [STACK: Burn] that will stack fine I get 1 Stack 2 stack etc. but even adding just ABIL: -1 strength behind it keeps it from working again. Any suggestions?
    I was scrolling through this thread and saw something about Better Combat Effects so I turned that extension off and still get the problem.

v3.2 has been pushed to the forge. This fixes the issue in post #38. The issue was the extension using string.match() to find the correct effect to modify, but string.match() uses pattern matching instead of regular string comparison. The effect the poster was trying to use contained hyphens which are special characters in pattern matching expressions thus it was never matching correctly. I have modified the code to not use string.match(), and instead just pare down the two strings and do a direct string comparison using the == operator. I made similar changes to the 'REMOVE: STACK:' flow as well. I also streamlined the code for handling MULTI:.
    I did some basic testing, but let me know if you run into any additional issues.
    Enjoy!

Thread Information