DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    Yesterday I had an AL scheduled D&D game, and I did what I shouldn't have done, I UPDATED before the game.

Constant issues during game of errors due to the extensions/mods, annoying for players and for me.

I don't care about the side bar, I can find things anyway, even if now I think is counter intuitive, but I will get used to this new UI.

However these issues affected my session, it was still playable but I am wondering if having many "add ons" loaded is just a pain in the a** and I should revert to VANILLA FGU, so at least update will just break fewer things.

Now my next game to be GMed is on 29th December, I hope by then fixes will be issued by Smiteworks and also I need to check on DMSGUILD all the new fixes for the files (extensions and mods).

I really wish not having to do this anymore, is time consuming.

For what, to change the layout of the sidebar?

meh.
    So far I didn't hear so much about errors of the new patch (except one I want to report later, but not a disturbing one). So, I expect that your extensions may be the culprit But this is not something SmiteWorks can fix, that is something to do for the community dev. This is why one usually says to never update on play-day, especially if one uses community extensions (surely annoying if this happens)

Yesterday I had an AL scheduled D&D game, and I did what I shouldn't have done, I UPDATED before the game.

Constant issues during game of errors due to the extensions/mods, annoying for players and for me.

I don't care about the side bar, I can find things anyway, even if now I think is counter intuitive, but I will get used to this new UI.

However these issues affected my session, it was still playable but I am wondering if having many "add ons" loaded is just a pain in the a** and I should revert to VANILLA FGU, so at least update will just break fewer things.

Now my next game to be GMed is on 29th December, I hope by then fixes will be issued by Smiteworks and also I need to check on DMSGUILD all the new fixes for the files (extensions and mods).

I really wish not having to do this anymore, is time consuming.

For what, to change the layout of the sidebar?

meh.
    Smite Works are not responsible for any extensions created by external developers. They announced the incoming updates way way before the update hits and gave enough time for developers to adjust their extensions. It is up to the developers to be pro-active and not reactive and us as consumers of those extensions (especially the commercial ones) to adjust before release. If an extension is not fixed, then please don't blame SM for the problem, but the developer who didn't take time to sort it out in the Test channel.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I know, in the end is my decision to use extensions and modules.

By the way I am not using the FORGE, I am still updating through DMSGUILD, downloading once in a while the updated files.

About the side bar I am quite puzzled: imho seems a little bit confusing, Gm side. I didn't see the need for subfolders but is only my opinion.

I had a new player coming from Roll20 experience and for sure I did not want to have these issues to show off.

Anyway usually these gets fixed in time, so I hope in 2 weeks to have most of the issues fixed.

Don't get me wrong I like that Smiteworks improves the software every few months, but from the DM side, I prefer more to have stability and no issues, than to have new features.

Especially when I have public games such as AL D&D games to host.

Peace!
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The last resort here is to have "news" section in the launcher where such things will be posted for those that don't use discord/email/forums.

I like the new sidebar.
    I suggested that many moons ago. Assume that not many people use the forum and have an announcement window on the launcher saying what's new and what's coming.

I know, in the end is my decision to use extensions and modules.

By the way I am not using the FORGE, I am still updating through DMSGUILD, downloading once in a while the updated files.

About the side bar I am quite puzzled: imho seems a little bit confusing, Gm side. I didn't see the need for subfolders but is only my opinion.

I had a new player coming from Roll20 experience and for sure I did not want to have these issues to show off.

Anyway usually these gets fixed in time, so I hope in 2 weeks to have most of the issues fixed.

Don't get me wrong I like that Smiteworks improves the software every few months, but from the DM side, I prefer more to have stability and no issues, than to have new features.

Especially when I have public games such as AL D&D games to host.

Peace!
    No worries I certainly understand your view, certainly annoying that it happened right then, especially if you want to convince a new player of FG

I like the new sidebar, but yes, new updates certainly will always lead to some erroneous games at the beginning; which is why communication about new updates is important. On one hand we have the laboratory, but on the other hand some of us ask for a better news section in the launcher (as some mentioned here)

Here is the wishlist item I once created: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135716 In my opinion this (better communication about updates) is the most important next thing needed, besides performance updates and maybe in-built audio (due to competition in that regard). People often already ask about next new shiny things. I understand that SmiteWorks don't want to give a roadmap, but then it is even more important to have a better highlighting of new things just released such that people get actually aware of it
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 16th, 2021 at 10:54.

Extensions = RISK!

Just saying
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Extensions = RISK!

Just saying
    That's all you ever say LOL!!! ��

The more I am using the new sidebar during development and play, the more I like it. Great idea and improvement!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    I didn't see the need for subfolders but is only my opinion.
    If you have smaller screen it wont matter if you are GM or Player the collapsing groups will make things accessible.

So what changed? I got an e-mail today with a link to the patch-notes. Latest entry says: "Version 4.1.12 (2021-11)". Not going to the Laboratory anymore, as my presence wasn't liked there. Will do a forum search to see if I can find more up-to-date patchnotes before downloading, because the Updater tells me jack about what to expect and what changed. :P

Thread Information