DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Thread: Wtf !!

Wtf !!

Sidebar looks rubbish after the new upgrade, please stop tinkering just for the sake of it really does add nothing to functionality, you put sidebar choices into options now removed it just a few months later, whats going on?

Theres no need to overcomplicate things by adding "New Cool" features that essentially do no improvement whatsoever, fix the basics firsts then pretty it up. please...

I want function over style everytime..
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

You have my sympathy - I agree completely - function over form every day for VTT! Change it back or give us all the option!

Kindly stop changing things which more or less work just for the sake of changing. It leads to nothing but frustrations.

I think the main driving point was that no one has to search for how to enable things every time.

Btw, this change has been in Beta for nearly 2 months https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...uleset-Updates. Most people there seemed fine about the changes. If you voice your concerns while somehting is in development, there is a higher chance you get heard.

Err, this is a game for most people. Most of us don't have time (or the inclination) to monitor Beta development. Changing something this fundamental should have been better sign posted.

But from your response(s)it would appear I'm wasting my time trying to put my point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird View Post
    Err, this is a game for most people. Most of us don't have time (or the inclination) to monitor Beta development. Changing something this fundamental should have been better sign posted.

But from your response(s)it would appear I'm wasting my time trying to put my point across.
    No, you've made your point. Unfortunately it isn't possible to please everyone all of the time. The last method of selecting the sidebar buttons caused a lot of confusion and support questions. So it has now been streamlined and made easier. The last version also caused a great deal of concern amongst adherents of the previous version and no doubt if it changes again there'll be posts like this as well.

Whether you see changes or not will depend on how closely you monitor the forums - the changes have been in test as mentioned for over two months and there have been several posts about them as well. However not everyone is going to pick up on that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you want the sidebar gone, Celestian's "Better Menus" extension will probably do the trick: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/69/view

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    If you want the sidebar gone, Celestian's "Better Menus" extension will probably do the trick: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/69/view
    Thanks for the suggestion - I don't want it gone, just kept the same width as not everyone has a large screen (I'm using 2x23'' monitors but my players are on laptops).

I'll give the extn a go.

You can also use the /scaleui command in the chat to adjust sizes Since the sidebar just got slightly adjusted (I think? I didn't realize it until reading this thread), it may be easy to make everything smaller to get the original size while not loosing readability (let us know if you need help with the scaleui; there is also a setting for that in the launcher settings)

I like the changes. You can't please everybody.

Thread Information