5E Character Create Playlist

map grid scale question

I just Purchased some map tiles from the Black Scroll series and the Meanders series, does anyone know what the grid scale is for these sets? i have tried to get it to match up for the past couple of hours and i am not having any luck.

I'm not sure I understand. The grid size is whatever you set it to when you start your map. Map tiles dropped into your map will scale to whatever scale you've set that grid to.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes but most tiles are made with a specific grid size in mind so that the grid lines match up with doors, walls, etc...

I would love to hear the answer to this as well. When getting free maps off the internet they come in with the grid lines already on the map. For whatever reason when I try to size the FGU grid to the map, half of it is okay and the other half is off centered, which makes no sense.
    I am obviously doing something wrong, but haven't found anything in the tutorials (I could be looking in the wrong spot) to help fix this.

Blog Entries
    Most FG maps are 50 pixels per square. I don't ae those packs so can't see if they are the same. It's possible they have a story entry in the module that indicates the size.

As for maps off the internet. It's whatever the creator wants, and often times, depending upon what they used, it may well be a fractional value (because they decide to export the image at an over number of pixels) AND sometimes its not even consistent because they grids might not be drawn programmatically. These non-consistent grid lines are really common with old school maps and maps that come from published products and are not made for VTT use.

To help with some of this, you can use the Map Align Utility. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information