DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Token left mouse button drag move map

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I have an issue with FantasyGrounds Unity, in that if the application looses the focus and when I (and one of my players has also experienced this) go to the map in the FGU client, and hover the mouse over my token and left mouse click and drag the token to move it, the map moves instead.

I find it a little irritating. I know that it is not sever in the grand scheme of things and I do not know if you are aware of it. I cannot say for certain that the token does not receive focus with in the FGU application. I have a feeling it does but I cannot reproduce it and i am not certain. It certainly occurs of the FantasyGround application looses the focus to another application. In that case, clicking on the token seen the map get focus but not the token. This behaviour is not exhibited in Fantsaygrounds Classic.
    I can link to a video demonstrating the issue.
    https://youtu.be/1mDLlxFeoX8

Thanks for your attention.

Yes, it seems like if you change focus and then go back into Unity and click/drag the token it moves the map. However if you select the token and then release before click/dragging again it works fine. So I'm assuming that when FGU loses focus and you then go back into it the token has become deselected and so the click/drag is on the map rather than the token.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, but is this the expected behaviour. Classic did not behave this way and I am not sure that Unity did on release.

Also I and my fellow players would much prefer that the token receive the focus if that what the mouse is over on left button click.

Oh, I don't know if that is design or if it's a problem. I was just adding to what you were saying. Classic is a lot different from Unity and there's a lot more going on with lighting and Line of Sight so there will be huge differences. And until you pointed it out I hadn't noticed anything regarding this issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I doubt you changed this, but may want to consider doing so, Windows (if you are on Windows) has an option that control window focus with mouse position. I think one option is the current window stays in focus until the mouse is clicked elsewhere, or that the window under the mouse is automatically selected for focus. Do note, that as far as Windows is concerned, FG is one window, so the sub windows inside FG wouldn't be controlled by this behavior.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information