FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its got me thinking of a possible extension.... I just dont have any time to do it!
    I've wondered for a long while as well - is some sort of persistence possible with FGU? Something like reposting some selection of the chatlog when a user logs in.

Edit: Not possible now, of course, but is it achievable at any point given the program and how it runs
    Last edited by srbongo; December 7th, 2021 at 14:36. Reason: grammar
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Blog Entries
    The chatlog is stored in the campaign directory, chatlog.html. It can get pretty long, but providing a means of accessing it from inside FG is a possibility that could be used for this purpose.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is one of the positives of Roll 20 - its "always on". Although I am all in on FGU, I would run such a game on Roll20 or some other similar platform.

I think this “always on” will come FG. None of the other VTT has FG has in that FG is being constantly developed and worked on. I remember the beta version of FGU and it has come so far.

I would pay a subscription fee to have my game on a server so it could be played like a play-by-post game in between sessions. I have also expanded my discord site for right now and I am conversion my players characters to DnD Beyond and keeping them in sync. So we can do things like downtime on play-by-post and keep the the main game session to running the adventure. Doing the down time role playing on discord text in between game sessions is working out nice so far. Especially since I can do it this way on my phone and address everything on discord when ever I have time to kill anywhere.

The only time I remember a pbp game was around 1989 or 1990 on a bbs my friend ran. It was fun for a short while but I don’t believe it lasted an entire summer. Ultimately I don’t think pbp is for me but I know it has a passionate niche that enjoys it greatly.

Thread Information