DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do Bundles Work?

Hello,

We are looking at starting a new game system (Starfinder) for the first time, and am looking at what rule books I need to begin... On looking through the store, I noticed that there is an essentials bundle, but I cannot figure out how it works...

When I open the bundle, it gives me the option to add either the complete bundle, or one book at a time. However, if I only add a few books (versus all of them), then no discount shows in the cart. As such, I inferred that in order to get the discount, you need to buy all 15 together. BUT, then I saw where the bundle says "Even if you already own some of these products, you can pick up any remaining items at the discounted rate by adding the missing items to your cart" which makes my limited brain capacity wonder if some of the bundle can be purchased now and some later. So I guess my question is:

- Do I need to buy all 15 books at once in order to get the discount, or is there a "minimum-to-qualify" that you can add manually? All 15, even with the discount, is a large amount of money to drop on something new that may not end up being "liked" by the group.

The follow up question to this would be:

- If I were to purchase 2-3 books to start now at full price, and decide I want to complete the bundle later, would the discount be retroactively applied to the first 2-3 books, or just the new books purchased?

Thanks!

You only get the bindle discount on items that you don't already own and on items that get added to the bundle if you own the rest of them (as far as I know).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Another way to think of it is you don't get the bundle discount until you complete the bundle, and you only get the discount on the items you purchase while completing the bundle. So, if you buy books 1-5 now, you pay current price. Then if later you complete the bundle and get books 6-15, you get the additional bundle discount only on books 6-15.

Note, that later if book 16 is added to a bundle you already own, you get the bundle discount on that book when you buy it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Another way to think of it is you don't get the bundle discount until you complete the bundle, and you only get the discount on the items you purchase while completing the bundle. So, if you buy books 1-5 now, you pay current price. Then if later you complete the bundle and get books 6-15, you get the additional bundle discount only on books 6-15.

Note, that later if book 16 is added to a bundle you already own, you get the bundle discount on that book when you buy it.
    Makes sense... Can you purchase 1 book only to start, and then complete the rest in the bundle? If so, does it have to be the Core Rule Book to start?

You can buy any book you like - it doesn't have to be any one in particular.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Terenn View Post
    Can you purchase 1 book only to start, and then complete the rest in the bundle? If so, does it have to be the Core Rule Book to start?
    It can be any product you purchase at full price, you're not actually doing anything with the bundle if you're purchasing individual products and not completing the bundle. The bundle isn't specific about any pre-requisites, all it does is give you the bundle discount on the items you don't already own when you complete the bundle.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It can be any product you purchase at full price, you're not actually doing anything with the bundle if you're purchasing individual products and not completing the bundle. The bundle isn't specific about any pre-requisites, all it does is give you the bundle discount on the items you don't already own when you complete the bundle.
    I think that his question was: The Core Rule Book is enough to start playing with this system or do I have to buy other books in order to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigold View Post
    I think that his question was: The Core Rule Book is enough to start playing with this system or do I have to buy other books in order to play?
    Oh, thanks for the post. I'd assumed they meant "start" purchases in the bundle as the main discussion was revolving around bundles, but you're probably right based off the original post.

In that case, @Terenn - yes, the main product you'll need to get started is the Core Rules. If you're going to run a DLC adventures, then you should just need that. If you're going to make your own adventures then you'll probably need at least the first Bestiary.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information