5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Quick Reference Guide for New Players?

Asking in the spirit of finding ways to lower a potential barrier to entry for new players unfamiliar with the FGU interface

**Is there a quick reference guide (preferably visual) that a GM can provide that shows all the easiest ways to navigate the software as a player?**

___

Looking for ways to avoid the frustrations a new user might experience from not being able to do things in the game easily.

I have a new player coming to the table, who has never used FG before. I don't want to overload them with all the different ways to do things in the software, and they don't have a ton of time to spend outside of the game reading/watching guides.

For example, if the GM says, "roll attack on enemy soldier 12 with a -2," most people who use FGU regularly will know that there are *at least* two or three ways to do this. A player who is utterly unfamiliar with the interface can easily get lost; and the guide at https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...+with+Tabletop is quite a bit to wade through in order to get the basics down.

We only play this campaign twice a month, so timescale for our new player to get familiar with the software is a bit slower than someone who plays weekly or several times a week. I, and the rest of the players at the table who are more familiar with the interface certainly don't mind taking the time to explain it as we play. However, I can tell that there is a hint of frustration and feeling like burden when the new player asks repeatedly how to do something or has trouble finding a UI element.

There's lots of useful information in the Wiki.

There's a quick start guide, but this is more aimed at the GM: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ck+Start+Guide The "Useful Links" section at the bottom of this page points to some good resources - you may want to look at Fantasy Grounds College, for example.

There's also the basic guides section: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...9/Basic+Guides

Most of these are generic. Information specific to an individual RPG system will depend on the system you're playing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I think it will depend a lot on the ruleset that you are using. There is so much that is common across all but equally the most important parts will be specific to a ruleset.

Thread Information