DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

The Demonplague Level 1-20 Campaign now available in The Forge

Hello game masters!

You can now get the entire best-selling Demonplague campaign for Fantasy Grounds Unity and D&D 5E via The Forge:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/148/view

First-time poster in these forums (well, I had FG almost two decades ago and posted a few times, but then nothing since, due to focusing on face-to-face games in the Before Times). So apologies if I'm breaking policies here with this self-promotion.

The Demonplague was co-written by me and Wizards of the Coast adventure writer James Introcaso.

All 372 pages of the original hardcover volume have been lovingly teleported into FGU over several months by a customer and fan of the adventure, Darren Anderson. On these forums his handle is @darrenan.

Thank you @darrenan for doing such an amazing job!

The Forge sales page has an overview of the adventure. You can find out more about it at my website: https://www.roleplayingtips.com/demonplague/

The Demonplague will take first level player characters and turn them into 20th level heroes if your players make smart decisions. (So, my condolences lol!)

I like adventures where you can resolve conflict through roleplay or combat - players' choice. And that's how The Demonplague is structured.

There are many, many roleplay opportunities, inducing a town election where the PCs might run for council, side with a faction, or do simple quests to help faction(s) as mercenaries. There are also diabolical combats against a variety of foes. So you can decide how to play based on what kind of gameplay you and your group enjoys most.

Screenshots of the adventure within FGU are here:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/148/view

Reply here if you have any questions.

A big thanks to Doug Davison who helped me get things set up and sorted in The Forge and with Fantasy Grounds.

And thanks again, @darrenan, for your attention to detail, passion for the campaign, and awesome FGU adventure building skills. (Disclaimer: @darrenan receives a % of each sale for his great work. And SmiteWorks also receives a portion of each sale - thank you for building FGU!)

Cheers,
    Johnn

demonplague-cover.jpg
    Last edited by JohnnFour; December 3rd, 2021 at 16:30.

That's @darrenan lol, but thanks for the credit!

Whoops! Mea culpa Darren. I've edited/fixed the post.

Blog Entries
    I have that book. Glad to see it was converted, will have to pick it up this week.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I can't find anything that says how many PCs this is for? I assume four PCs? So I would need to scale up the encounters for 5 PCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I can't find anything that says how many PCs this is for? I assume four PCs? So I would need to scale up the encounters for 5 PCs?
    Great question. Yes. Several encounters are pretty tough. I wait run a few and see how your party reacts. If things feel too easy, then yes - scale up.

I say this because not all players max out their action economies well, so what might be tricky for one group could be tough for another.

But bottom line, yes, we designed for a party of 4.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, 1st level is swingy enough I doubt I'll do anything to the first encounters until level 2 - some of my players really like combat so they do tend to be keenly aware of the action economy and build very combat capable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, 1st level is swingy enough I doubt I'll do anything to the first encounters until level 2 - some of my players really like combat so they do tend to be keenly aware of the action economy and build very combat capable characters.
    Ok, then your approach is perfect. I suspect you will need to boost some encounters with extra foes, traps, and hazards to provide enough challenge for your smart players.

Think about also taking advantage of the numerous social encounters in Part I and beyond to further wick away resources for a strong party before combat erupts in their adventuring day. For example, in my playtest, the party healed refugees and locals coming to them for aid. That depleted some spell slots in roleplay encounters.

I am running this campaign and the players are really enjoying it. I really like the options to talk or fight depending on how the party wants to handle it. Lots of interesting characters and story.

There is a lot of great adventure in this campaign.
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Thread Information