Hello,

My name is John and I have been a TTRPG player for over 35 years and a DM for 34. I run both off the shelf and original adventures. I cater to busy adults who do not get to game that often. I will be starting a multi-episode West Marches style adaptation of Rime of the Frost Maiden. This is for players who may not be able to commit to a full length campaign or who may only want to play certain parts of the story.

My games try to capture the feel of high strangeness from The X-Files and the mystery solving and social from Scooby Doo, Buffy/Angel. Combat is there, but we have rewritten certain scenes to include a diplomatic solution without violence if that is your preference. Fighting and killing is not mandatory for every situation. You can level up through problem solving and interacting with the world. For more about my style see my information page.

Overview
  • Session 3 is 12/2/2021 9pm/2100ET/GMT-4 recurring 1st Thursday of each month
  • Duration is 3-3.5hours.
  • Fantasy Grounds for the VTT.
  • Syrinscape for sound effects.
  • Optionally you may request the DM run your character in Fantasy Grounds. You watch & learn via screen share during the game.
  • Microsoft Teams for voice chat. Webcams are optional.
  • This adventure adaptation is heavily exploration and role play with less emphasis on combat.
  • Drop in Campaign with West Marches show up when you are able flexibility.
  • Episodic adaptation with group patron and notice board style quests to ensure story progression.
  • It is a linear adventure with a beginning and end. It is not a complete sandbox.
  • Preferred styles are the Actor, the Explorer, the Storyteller, the Thinker, and the Watcher.
  • Not good fit are the Power Gamer, the Instigator, or the Slayer.
  • Session will be recorded and text transcribed for current and future joiners to see what has already been accomplished.
  • Email address required to access our campaign wiki and documents. You may use a throw away gmail.com or outlook.com address.

Safety & Conduct
  • 18+ Only
  • Generally PG-13 but may be Rated-R, TV-MA, or M for Mature at times with themes similar to Conan, Beastmaster, The Barbarian Bros. Etc.
  • LGBT and diverse friendly, though the game will be about the character not the players
  • Refrain from discussing any real world privacy matters such as weather where you live, who you work for, that great restaurant in downtown <REDACTED> that you love to eat at etc.
  • Refrain from discussing politics, sports, and other off topic matters.
  • No personal attacks against other players
  • DM reserves the right to remove anyone for misconduct or harassment

Onboarding and Payment
  • Please feel free to inquire via PM about the game or set up a Session 0 on our booking page
  • When we reach consensus, you will be emailed a Microsoft Teams Invite to get access to the game handout, house rules, character creation instructions, VTT login info, etc.
  • Pricing $20.77 USD via Stripe (link to be provided) or $18.70 Cryptocurrency via CoinPayments (link to be provided)