FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

D6 WEG Ruleset feedback

Please provide bug reports here for the D6 Star Wars Ruleset located on the forge. If your an old subscriber this will automatically update for you.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/390/view

https://youtu.be/vg_aHC12qrg

This ruleset has been completely revamped. It now has full starship vehicle integration among other improvements.

The Cepheus engine theme done by Pharoid looks great with the revamped ruleset!
    Found here:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1175/view
    Last edited by bayne7400; January 17th, 2024 at 19:42.

I agree, this is a terrific ruleset.

I don't really have a bug, but I wanted some clarification on an aspect of the ruleset, as I didn't see anything in the Youtube video that touched upon my question. I'm wondering how the linked Attributes for Skills should be entered and whether it even matters? So far I've been entering them as DEX, KNO, MEC, PER, STR and TEC, but I noted on the Character sheet they're listed by their full names i.e. DEXTERITY, KNOWLEDGE, MECHANICAL, etc. That said, in my initial experimenting I haven't come across anything that leads me to believe that the Attribute field for skills is even being referenced?

I'll make a forum post for any other questions I might have.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 8th, 2021 at 00:49.

Yeah they are not linked. It is just informational so the player knows where to drag it I guess . I made it in case a DM wanted to build the full list of skills in for players to review. A guy on youtube asked for a race option and I may add that it depends on how Mothership goes ( which as a ruleset smokes anything I have done). I am about to real get real busy doing some work I promised some people once the new core update hits though.

My plan with these rulesets is to continue to support them as long as even one of my patrons are playing them. Also if nobody provides any feedback that is a pretty good indicator its not being used

Not so much of a bug report but some feedback on some limitations I'm encountering. The title of this thread states "D6 WEG", but I'm finding the character sheet doesn't support WEG's D6 Space rules that well. I like that the attribute labels are editable, so that Dexterity can be changed to the D6 Space equivalent of Agility. I also like that the 3, D6 Star Wars Force skills can be edited so that Alter and Control can be changed to D6 Spaces' Transform and Channel. However the "C", "S" and "A" labels are hard coded. I'm also wondering why the attribute listed to the above-left of those 3 skills references the upper leftmost attribute on the Main tab? That seem confusing, because the linked attribute for those D6 Star Wars skills should be FORCE and METAPHYSICS for D6 Space. Yet there's not enough Attribute labels on the Main tab to accommodate all 7 attributes? Shouldn't that upper left attribute on the Abilities tab just be it's own, separate listing?

I realize the Attribute labels are cosmetic, but not having them correct will only confuse players.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 14th, 2021 at 01:24.

I can make those labels editable. I'm not sure about what you are referring to with you other issue

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Not so much of a bug report but some feedback on some limitations I'm encountering. The title of this thread states "D6 WEG", but I'm finding the character sheet doesn't support WEG's D6 Space rules that well. I like that the attribute labels are editable, so that Dexterity can be changed to the D6 Space equivalent of Agility. I also like that the 3, D6 Star Wars Force skills can be edited so that Alter and Control can be changed to D6 Spaces' Transform and Channel. However the "C", "S" and "A" labels are hard coded. I'm also wondering why the attribute listed to the above-left of those 3 skills references the upper leftmost attribute on the Main tab? That seem confusing, because the linked attribute for those D6 Star Wars skills should be FORCE and METAPHYSICS for D6 Space. Yet there's not enough Attribute labels on the Main tab to accommodate all 7 attributes? Shouldn't that upper left attribute on the Abilities tab just be it's own, separate listing?

I realize the Attribute labels are cosmetic, but not having them correct will only confuse players.
    OK so I am updating test with more editable labels. I also added code so that when a player clicks on an empty field it doesn't try to make a roll and throw an error. That field I think you are referring to should default as force powers and is editable. You can even delete the text. Also most are set to Gm edit only. If you want me to make it player editable just say so.

Lastly whoever gave us the donation on the Forge Jolly and I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    OK so I am updating test with more editable labels. I also added code so that when a player clicks on an empty field it doesn't try to make a roll and throw an error. That field I think you are referring to should default as force powers and is editable. You can even delete the text...
    Yes it's now editable as an independent text label, whereas before it was editable but was also synchronized with the label for the 1st Attribute on the Main tab and vice versa - what I was trying to say above. Excellent that the "C", "S" and "A" labels on the Attribute tab are now editable. The Character sheet is now fully compatible with D6 Space - nicely done!

I'm wondering if it would be helpful to others if I created a bare bones d6 Space character sheet with the necessary label changes and then exported it and attached the XML template to a post here? Or am I perhaps just some oddity and one of very few that prefer the later D6 Space edition of the rules?
    Last edited by kronovan; December 16th, 2021 at 20:41.

You can also do an extension you never know!

One of the problems I still see is that Metaphysics (equivalent of force powers) in D6 Space differs from WEG Star Wars 2e or REUP Force Powers. In D6 Space, Metaphysics is an attribute with its own dice levels, whereas with WEG Star Wars you only put dice into the skills. So when you make a roll with with 1 of D6 Spaces 3 Metaphysics skills (Channel, Sense or Transform), you also include the base attribute dice. It would be optimal if Metaphysics had an attribute dice box like the 6 attributes on the main tab. Otherwise, it's by all means not game breaking because the attribute dice could just be listed in the Metaphysics label and then manually included for each skill.

I now only own the a hardcover of d6 Star Wars 2e and the SW REUP PDF, so I can't recall the way Force Powers were handled in Star Wars Classic or 30th Anniversary - were they the same as 2e?
    Last edited by kronovan; December 16th, 2021 at 22:53.

Thread Information