FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Cepheus Engine Ruleset- Feedback BUG reports thread

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1140/view

This is the ruleset only and and is based on Jason Kemp's SRD.

This ruleset does contain much of the SRD material but it is integrated into the ruleset. Character Wizard, Ship design tool, Space Combat. There is no reference module to load but there is a module with multiple examples of each type record found on the sidebar.

It is also compatible with Moon Toad Publishing's supplements.

There is a ton of content for this ruleset and I plan on supporting anyone who wants to develop content for the FG Forge (This is to include coding changes as required to support any material based on CE SRD.)

See the first two videos on this ruleset here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yT516sfurroBgq

Key features:

Character Wizard

Ship Creation Console

Automated table lookups at the click of a button

Fully integrated Combat Tracker with vehicles, robots, ships.

An integrated effects system (includes conditional effects)

Anyone that wants to leave some feedback or request a feature can also use this spreadsheet. I am going to use it to to document changes as well.

If you have a bug or request do not send me a PM. Post it on the spreadsheet below. Then all can see it and will help me stay organized.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Teo/edit#gid=0

CURRENT EFFECTS:

IFT DMGTYPE can be number or dicestring for the actual effect see 5e

AC (all incoming damage reduction)
    ARMOR (non energy)
    ABLATIVE (energy only)
    PROT ship vehicles and robots
    DMGO
    REGEN
    ATK

all abilities

STR DEX EDU END INT SOC (adding PSI soon) adds to SCORE

STRENGTH DEXTERITTY ENDURANCE INTELLIGENCE SOCIAL EDUCATION addds to modifer

PreRoll: Example: Sandcaster;IFT: DMGTYPE(beam):1d6
    Last edited by bayne7400; April 16th, 2023 at 15:34. Reason: add feedback spreadsheet

Love it! :-) Great job. Any planned add-on info you can share? Anyone working on SRD weapons and equipment yet? I'm reluctant to start entering too much data if it'll be available later. Already started a custom ship or 2. :-) Any chance the publishers can get involved and release official settings? Like a Hostile or Cepheus Deluxe refman to sit on top (maybe with extensions to accommodate the little tweaks each does, like Lifeblood in deluxe). Again, great work.

Thank you!

VegasErik offered so I "think" he is going to develop the SRD for the creator to sell on the Forge for a few bucks. The creator of CE is a FG user BTW. He is going tot talk to Moon Toad publishing so there may be a list of things to adapt with regard to that.

If he cant do it then I will go ahead, just so we have something.

I do not own a copy of Cepheus Deluxe. If you want to reach out to them to see if they want to sell their products on FG then that would be fantastic. I will support coding changes. I might be able to do it without an extension like I did with White Box OSR. Just depends. I simplified HP system is totally doable. I work with three other game makers so I can help them through the process.

I will add that this is actually my fourth try at making a space game. You would be surprised at the people that do not want to have their products developed and sold on a VTT. I had Mothership and SWN shoot me down and we had a different issue with WhiteStar. So I plan on going all in on this one since we have the creator onboard, have great SRD and there is so much material available.

I am pushing an update today to add more automation BTW

Ship builder suggestion here. The fuel you list is for the powerplant (from the table) and lists weeks of operation. The Big consumer of fuel would be Jump drives. Which says this in the SRD: "Fuel needed for a Jump depends on the size of the ship and the length of the Jump and is calculated as 0.1 x Hull tonnage x Jump distance. A single Jump of that distance consumes that much fuel. " So a 100 ton ship that you want to be able to do a jump 2 (or 2 jump 1's) would need 20 tons of fuel. So maybe another drop-down for something like "Fuel - consecutive max jumps:" #. then add that to total fuel (the powerplant weeks). So some people might want enough fuel for 2 max jumps which they'd need 40 tons. although that doesn't fit in a 100ton ship I'm sure you get the idea. thanks!

Ok thanks for the post. Fuel capacity requires tonnage whether it is filled or not and there are lots of variables with regard to how much space is available on the vessel etc. So in other words it should be an item created using "vehicle component" subtype fitting. You can specify tonnage and cost and when you add it to the vehicle it does all the math for you. The ship design tool gets you your base model. The items you add are customizations for that vessel.

OK here is how I handled this.

Ship starts out with enough fuel to two weeks operation and (1) Jump1. The notes section has details explanation for this. Additional capacity is given by dropping item components onto vehicle record.
    Navigator can calculate fuel usage on his character sheet before the Jump. It is all automated.
    Current Fuel is on PS and CT and they are linked.

the character wizard crashed on me at the roll attributes
    Attached Images Attached Images

LMAO apparently I removed my roller from the base.xml. I'll Update this right away got a little excited on last nights update.

Ok should be good to go. The file was "missing"

Thread Information