DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: FGU Memory Leak

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    If there is a better tool for MacOS to collect metrics, I’ll use that- I’ll look around for some.
    If you're comfortable enough to run a python script, there's Syrupy:
    https://github.com/jeetsukumaran/Syrupy

I use that when I work on macs to log CPU and memory usage of specific processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    If you're comfortable enough to run a python script, there's Syrupy:
    https://github.com/jeetsukumaran/Syrupy

I use that when I work on macs to log CPU and memory usage of specific processes.
    Thanks! I’ll try this for sure. As a developer myself, it’s no problem.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. I’m running on MacOS however, so I’ll have to just take screenshots of RAM and CPU utilization from Activity Monitory when I notice it happening. (I’ll gather logs, as well.)

If there is a better tool for MacOS to collect metrics, I’ll use that- I’ll look around for some.
    Looks like there are paid tools. But the link below has a command line that takes Activity Monitor data so many times every so many seconds and builds a log file. Might be easy enough depending upon your knowledge. I don't know much about Macs.
    https://superuser.com/questions/5811...usage-on-a-mac

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks! I’ll try this for sure. As a developer myself, it’s no problem.
    You can also use top and htop like you would on linux (well... almost, top on mac is not at feature parity with top on linux), piping it to a text file. If I remember correctly, top is essentially what the Activity Monitory UI uses under the hood.
    Last edited by Lo Zeno; December 2nd, 2021 at 18:40.

It's great to see this getting some attention and (maybe?) some momentum.

My session is tonight and I'll have more concrete data to draw from.

Were having the same issue in our game. Except we have noticed that the lag is only present after someone moves a token. Doesnt matter if its via requested move then DM approves or if you use the arrow keys or if you are dragging it. The lag happens whenever a player or DM move their tokens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Makuzi View Post
    Were having the same issue in our game. Except we have noticed that the lag is only present after someone moves a token. Doesnt matter if its via requested move then DM approves or if you use the arrow keys or if you are dragging it. The lag happens whenever a player or DM move their tokens.
    Please see post #4 for the details to include that are needed to help investigate and resolve this issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Please see post #4 for the details to include that are needed to help investigate and resolve this issue.

The way we fixed it for tonight is the DM turned off lighting and left line of sight on.

I'm going to write a more extensive post later tonight when I get home from work, but I learned quite a bit during my session last night.

As predicted, memory was an issue, but something that I found incredibly surprising was my CPU activity. It got hammered hard when accessing data or interacting with almost anything (map, tokens, modules, etc). My CPU was pegged at 100% or close for most of the session and I had NOTHING but FG and Discord running. In fact, before the game, I stopped every single process that wasn't 100% necessary. I never even had an internet browser open. I kept the test bed as sterile as I possibly could.

Anyway, more later.
    Last edited by BushViper; December 3rd, 2021 at 16:45.

Unity (and by extension FG) is single threaded I think, did you have it show all the cores?

Thread Information