STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As I said Weissrolf, you even quote their stated reasons that they don't have the resources to investigate these things. But you do not listen. And just keep hammering away insisting your priorities must be their priorities.

As someone just said, these are not problems I suffer from so I'm happy to have the ones I do care about being addressed.

I have to admit, I wonder if your joking around based on you quoting all the posts from high level people at FGU telling you they will look at it when they can dedicate resources to it (which is not a time thing - its a priority thing).

And then turning around and acting like you are being ignored. I admit it cracked me up a bit when I read you quoting me about you are not entitled to unlimited support and interactions.

Because it sure seems like you are getting a lot more support interactions than I ever got on any subject I've ever brought up.

If your not joking, then, I think they should just leave you post away as no matter how many times they "interact" to explain their position and why they don't feel this is a priority among the limited things they can work at any one time - you will never agree or understand it.

Still... that last reply of yours was pretty ironic
    Why bother responding to the the thread if you're not having the reported issues, you're not a FG employee, a forum moderator, or a Smiteworks developer? All you're doing is continuing to drive the wedge between the people that feel ignored and the staff.

Furthermore, the real irony is you equating "support" to the effectively useless lip-service that is often given on the forums.

I get that SW is understaffed. I really do. I understand development cycles and how project priorities are arranged and executed. However, I also understand when a passionate customer brings forth HARD evidence that there is a problem. Evidence that you, yourself, lauded as valuable. That same information was also acknowledged by several SW team-members as "more than enough to work with" but, after a year's passing, it's obvious that nothing has been done with that information. Thus, I understand and empathize with Weiss' frustration because fixing core, fundamental issues should be a priority before stacking other issues/features on top of problems. That's not really an opinion, that's just good general practice.

Performance issues on FGU is not a new revelation or problem. They're quite common (even if often ignored by staff), but people deploy millions of workarounds or simply grin and bear the issues in order to keep playing. However, they shouldn't have to deal with those issues. I'm a relatively new user to FG (about 10 months) and I don't have any experience with FGC, but FGU has always performed like **** for me. However, I stuck with it thinking that it must be ME doing something wrong, but after dozens of tweaks, concessions, etc., FGU still runs far worse than anyone should reasonably expect. FGU is essentially a text-based GUI. It's not complex software. So why does FGU have such a massive problem performing simple tasks that are objectively rudimentary?

Again, a few lip-service forum posts is not "support." However, to be fair, some of the folks, like Zacchaeus seem to genuinely be interested in the problem despite being relatively powerless to actually do anything about it. It's the folks with the ability to do something that seem like they couldn't care less.

Lastly, I realize and embrace the hypocrisy of my post being of very similar tone to yours, but if you (and others) are going to talk %s^!, I'm not above doing it too. I've lurked the forums and FG Discord for nearly a year and while there are some folks that are true gems that are absolute saints and a treasure to the community, there also some complete douchebags in positions of authority (or perceived authority) that have absolutely no business being there.

P.S.
    SilentRuin, please take 5 minutes and learn the difference between your and you're.
    Last edited by BushViper; December 2nd, 2021 at 05:12.

Anyway, I'm not offering anything constructive to this thread so I'm going to bow out.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    SilentRuin, please take 5 minutes and learn the difference between your and you're.
    Your not the first grammarian to think you're way with words can convince me I should conform Let me leave you with some advice... not from me of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovi7uQbtKas
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information