5E Character Create Playlist

LFP x 2 Princes of the Apocalypse Low Fantasy Homebrew Mod Mondays 4:00 pm PST

Hello adventurers,

we have an ongoing game every Monday night at 4:00 - 8:00 pm PST where we are looking for two new players. Currently we have 4 regular/every week players (not counting me, the GM), with two more returning in January. We like to run with 5-6 per session.

We are currently running Princes of the Apocalypse, so preferably anyone joining won't have already played or read this adventure. We are at a point where will be easy to introduce any new characters that want to jump in. We are still in the "discovering what's going on" part of the story, and any new players can easily be brought up to speed. We rotate party leadership on a voluntary basis throughout the session, and try to give all players as meaningful an experience as they would like.

Our LOW FANTASY homebrew mod is a 5e based system, that uses new character class rules designed to give the game less of a super-hero fantastic feel, and more of a classic D&D feel in a sword & sandals version of Forgotten Realms. There are modified and new character classes, races, spells, items, feats, and a monetary system based on Gary Gygax's first novel "Saga of Old City" that is geared toward more historic realism. The campaign takes place in a dangerous world where decisions are more important than die rolls. If you like older D&D versions including 2nd and 3.5 editions, you will feel right at home with this.

I am an experienced GM, with thousands of hours of GMing experience. We have a fun, experienced group of players, and are collectively somewhere toward the top half of the learning curve for FGU technology.

The goal of the campaign with homebrew rules is to create a solidly defined setting, that is enjoyable for the players, where they are challenged with critical decision making within the story structure.

You are welcome to email me at [email protected] for the fastest reply. Please include your name, your level of experience as a player, whether you are looking to play every week, or less frequently, and any other background you'd like to share.

Cheers,

Ghengis

Interested

I'm interested in knowing more about the homebrew rules and settings.

Sure, thanks for your interest. What would you like to know more about, on top of the description provided? Character classes, races, spells, skills, feats, items? These are all a bit different than standard 5E, using elements from 2E - 5E, and a more realistic monetary system and combat rules. Essentially this is a less-fantastic, grittier version of D&D with survival elements expanded into the game. Less of a go to location A, kill everything and loot, move to location B kill everything and loot, and so on, rather it's "we need to decide what to do, when to run, fight, talk, sneak, or other" and figure out what we need just to survive while trying to be heroes, type of game. A higher element of story telling, and decision making. New players need to be prepared to adopt to the new rules.

Interested

I like it. Are any spots available? What does it take to get in? And what’s the party already consist of would be my main questions. If I get in I would like access to some kinds of resources if possible so I could familiarize myself with some things and make and educated decision regarding race and class.

Glad it sounds interesting to you. We have two spots available at this time. All you need to play is the demo version of Fantasy Grounds Unity (I have the Ultimate License). And to spend some time to take a tour and roll up a character. The party currently has a ranger, fighter, thief as solid regular players. We have a new player who runs a dwarven cleric who said he was sick a couple hours before last session, so not sure if we can count on them or not. Party could definitely use a spell caster or two of some sort (druid, sorcerer, wizard, cleric, hedge wizard), possibly multi-classing if they don't want to be just a caster. One of the other players might switch to a caster. New characters will start off at sixth level - FYI.

If you want that tour, and to roll up a character and see what you think, I'm available tonight, for a bit on Thursday, possibly Friday, and Sunday.

Interested

I’m good with this, I have played a few casters in my day and enjoy them. Tonight or tomorrow would work well for me. Out of curiosity, I do have a friend that may be interested as well. He’s even more experienced than myself, he’s actually one of the people that introduced me.

We do have two spots open, so if your friend has Monday's 4-8 PT open, he is welcome to take a look along with you. I'm traveling today, but can give you a tour tomorrow. Is 9:00 pm PT too late? I can possibly be available early around 6:00 pm, but I have my son with me until 9:00 pm, and if he's wanting attention, I may get disrupted. Just let me know what's good for you. If your friend can make it too, I can show you both around the campaign module and give you a feel for what we are playing.

I may not be accessing FG Forums that much while traveling, so email is a good way to get a speedier response: [email protected]

Thread Information