DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Confused

Confused

I keep getting this on my screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had this problem as well, a while ago, either the folder of Fantasy Grounds doesn't have writers permission.
    Or you have to add fantasy grounds to your virus scanner as safe.

Start FG and click the "Settings" button on the main screen, then go to the "Advanced" tab on the window that appears.

What paths do you have for the App Directory and Data Directory?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    I had this problem as well, a while ago, either the folder of Fantasy Grounds doesn't have writers permission.
    Or you have to add fantasy grounds to your virus scanner as safe.

The APP is: as attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mmh ok, so it says may be prompted, that doesn't mean it doesn't writers permission. When you go to the folder of where Fantasy Grounds is installed, and select properties, do you see that the folder has writers permission? Like writing ect should all be allowed, if that is correct, then your virus scanner might be preventing it from accessing the folder, so it should be added to your virus scanner to exclude or allow. My error message was a little difference then your by the way, but it also couldn't save to the folder, so thats similar, and I had to kee re-opening modules that I had already loaded.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ATN View Post
    The APP is: as attached
    Don't use D:\ (the root of the D drive) for your FG app data.

Create some other directory, such as D:\Data\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds then from the settings window click the "Troubleshoot" tab and click "Show Setup" - for the data directory, select the new directory you've just created. Go through the whole setup process and run an update at the end.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information