DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You might want to rethink using a Star Trek font in what is supposed to be a generic interface design.

Also, you call this a "modern" reskin, but it's looking more "sci-fi" with each update.

Quote Originally Posted by heruca
    You might want to rethink using a Star Trek font in what is supposed to be a generic interface design.

Also, you call this a "modern" reskin, but it's looking more "sci-fi" with each update.
    It's not a star trek font, but I can see the similarity. It's only on the one menu, and by all means, change it to whatever you wish.

I'd actually call it more "ultra-modern" I guess. The future is now, after all, and there are no design elements that look any more "sci fi" than many slick software client GUIs, or overdesigned pieces of consumer electronics dating back to the 80's...not to mention your average cell phone. It's not generic as in "belonging to no specific cultural era", but generic as in belonging to no particular official modern + game setting.

In any event, I'll put up the ruleset up somehow, and you can pick and choose any elements you want for a custom skin that better suits you. I'm only doing this for the lack of any official alternate, non-fantasy, UI skin, that's easily available.

The man offers you free graphics ... and you complain?
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Wasn't a complaint. It was feedback.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Hey Cyjack, would you mind if I use the few buttons in the top right of your interface? They look great and would work well with my own reskin.

When I finally put this up ( I keep taking time off to work on my game), you can use, or not use whatever you'd like.

I can't wait to get a copy of this. Well done sir!

I am also psyched to rev this up!

No one's more anxious than me to have it done. Even something simple like a graphical replacement skin is proving a much more labourious process than I had anticipated. There are just so many little niggling details and icons to replace, and everything tiles and scales, even though the difference between a low res desktop and a high res desktop might result in a 75 pixel difference in the scaled element. The process would be more straightforward, and result in more appealing and deliberately rendered elements, if I went through and adjusted or got rid of the tile zones assigned to the image files that dont really need to "scale"...but that's way more work than I have time for right now. Perhaps for my next skin.

At any rate, I think I'm at the "24 hour" mark and wrapping it up, so I hope to host it (somehow) for the weekend.

Sorry, I keep getting distraced away from this for the more pressing issues of getting my campign done, and workable in FG, and I have to move on from this. I posted this skin as a ruleset over in the armory forum Here .

Hope it proves useful to someone!

Thread Information