DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Announcing Werewolf: The Apocalypse (KS launching Sept 7th)

Most of the work on the ruleset is now done, but we have some more stuff to wrap up. One of the things we wanted to accomplish with the ruleset is to build out a shared ruleset where you could play Werewolf, Vampire, Hunter, and other World of Darkness content within the same shared universe.

As part of this goal, we were planning to move everything into a World of Darkness ruleset and then have different themes for Vampire, Werewolf, etc. As Vampire GMs and customers, would this make sense to you? You would choose World of Darkness for the ruleset and then choose your theme as Vampire the Masquerade.

Here is a link to Werewolf to be notified once the Kickstarter goes live on September 7th.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse Kickstarter

Would this be a totally new, from the ground up new ruleset? I would welcome that, because the Vampire one is so so very slow in some places. Don't get me wrong, it has a lot of nice things, such as the two types of NPC's. And if you do make a new one, will you please please please incorporate the Influence system from the Camarilla book? It is baffling to me, that that wasn't included. Especially for that price!

Also... using the word "theme" is kind of misleading to me. Does that mean I, as a storyteller choses which campaign it is, to the exclusion of the others? That would be a terrible idea! The point of World of Darkness, it to be able to play the different versions simultaneously.
    In the old community Vampire ruleset it was possible to simply make a character than then choose if it was a vampire, werewolf or what have you. That is what I want from a combined system.

Do I want a World of Darkness ruleset, which incorporates it all? YES PLEASE!!!

Blog Entries
    Dominic rebuilt it, but is porting over all the old data from VTM so that people can transition their campaigns to the new, shared ruleset. The ruleset itself would support all the WOD variants in a single setting. The theme would just change some of the graphical appearance.

The theme would just change some of the graphical appearance.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Well. Here... take my money and my sister's third born! I want it! heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Would this be a totally new, from the ground up new ruleset? I would welcome that, because the Vampire one is so so very slow in some places. Don't get me wrong, it has a lot of nice things, such as the two types of NPC's. And if you do make a new one, will you please please please incorporate the Influence system from the Camarilla book? It is baffling to me, that that wasn't included. Especially for that price!

Also... using the word "theme" is kind of misleading to me. Does that mean I, as a storyteller choses which campaign it is, to the exclusion of the others? That would be a terrible idea! The point of World of Darkness, it to be able to play the different versions simultaneously.
    In the old community Vampire ruleset it was possible to simply make a character than then choose if it was a vampire, werewolf or what have you. That is what I want from a combined system.

Do I want a World of Darkness ruleset, which incorporates it all? YES PLEASE!!!
    Are you asking about the Institution Conflict system? Not sure what you mean by influence system. If you are referring to the Institution Conflict system, then I have a solution that might be a welcome sight for that. We will show off more of the system as time moves on.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Yes, sorry. Institutional conflict. It is essentially a replacement for the old influence system. 30 years habit dies hard...

2 questions:

1) what will this mean for current owners of the Vampire 5e ruleset? What will change once Werewolf is released?
    2) will the new ruleset contain Effect coding's that work in a method similar to D&D 5e?

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    2 questions:

1) what will this mean for current owners of the Vampire 5e ruleset? What will change once Werewolf is released?
    2) will the new ruleset contain Effect coding's that work in a method similar to D&D 5e?
    The owners of Vampire will get a ruleset update to work with the new system and the campaigns will attempt to be converted to the new system. Not sure what will change, might need more specific concerns to address. As for effects, what effects were you hoping to have in the previous rendition of Vampire?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The owners of Vampire will get a ruleset update to work with the new system and the campaigns will attempt to be converted to the new system. Not sure what will change, might need more specific concerns to address. As for effects, what effects were you hoping to have in the previous rendition of Vampire?
    Thank you for the response.
    My biggest concern was if my vampire ruleset would work with the new ruleset you're creating. However are there plans to include features such as:

A Relationship Map
    B Coterie forms (Which could be modified for cells or packs, depending on the ruleset)
    c) Custom cult creation (cults of the blood gods chapter 5)
    4) Homestead traits (found in Chicago by night pages 66-60)

In regards to effects, I'm thinking of how some spells in the 5e system when targeted put effects on the target, (a roll may be required, but I hope i'm working this well). I would love to have that ability in the new ruleset, along with effect and modifier presets. For example effects for dominate's control abilities, presence powers such as lingering kiss.

A) Can be done with a blank image and shared with the party, so no dedicated relationship map system
    B) Coterie types are suggestions that provide some guidance on how the group will play. You can add anything the coterie would provide to your character sheet.
    c) That would need to the release of the book as its currently not released, but a organization record would be provided to help track such things.
    4) Homesteads are a location type and part of another product not released quite yet. But as with organizations, locations will have a record to help the GM keep track of such things.

The effects like in 5e work due to most being combat oriented and the ones that you would see with Lingering Kiss would be sheet adjustment passive effects. These can be done with the new system with misc fields to tweak the sheet to help build pools, or simply adding a modifier to the modifier box to adjust your pool. Many are just situational and would need to be adjusted on the fly based on the circumstances of the session. So I would say that kind of system might not be there to facilitate an effect to automatically adjust your sheet. But that could change based off of testing and if new ideas come to surface to make this happen.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information