Starfinder Playlist
Page 8 of 11 First ... 678910 ... Last
    I learned to use and love Fantasy Grounds because of this guy, and I am sure this did not happen only to me. He seemed to be a kind man too. May he rest in peace.

Very sad news. My condolences to his friends and family members. It was really a nice guy. I learnt a lot from him wathching his videos. I'll miss him. I am really sorry.

I am very sorry and really really sad. I will miss him and his videos.

Very sad. I have learned so much for his videos!

RIP

Dave was a Mentor and Friend. Dave had the distinction of having the same appearance and demeanor of my best childhood friend. This made it easy to know I loved him, and his soul.

What a comfort his voice, and sincerity were while learning. His resources, care, and collections, humbling. But, not one thing was more Humble than his Heart!

His stories, All of Friendship.
    His Life spent ever extending the same.
    The Same, In the Name of The Game.

If you loved Dave, Showed Dave, and Remember Dave...

REJOICE! Your Games Have Another Patron from Beyond!
    Roll With the Conviction of a DIGITAL Dungeon Master!!

And, NEVER Cease to tell the Tales of a PIONEER, a TRAILBLAZER, a MASTER of DUNGEONS, a PATHFINDER...a tiller of FANTASY GROUNDS!

In Life and Ever More, Your Initiative Won & WINS, DAVE!

Thank You, Friend.
    Last edited by TheSimpleDM; November 23rd, 2021 at 17:37.

David helped my gaming group and I so much through his video tutorials, ideas, and infectious love of the games he loved to play.

His authenticity was as real as the bookshelf of gaming books and boxes of miniatures that graced the background of his many many videos.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

From the digital DM to the bright smiling face of fantasy grounds Fridays, Dave kept us entertained, informed and interested in this wonderful platform that we use, that's held many of us together through the trying times of recent memory.

Our love goes out to his son and mother. He was truly one of the good guys and his passing is felt all around the world.

Lee "Azaran" Paxton,
    Scotland.

Blog Entries
    I was greatly saddened by this news and shared his parting with my table. He was always a point of inspiration and I owe him a lot. He was always there with answers and the ability to make things fun and clear. I was always disappointed in that while we lived in the same town, I never had the opportunity to meet him.

He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family and to friends.

Dave, it's still sinking in for me that I'm not going to get to video chat with you anymore. You were amongst one of the first people I met from FG - even before I joined the company. I remember walking up to you at Dnd Live and you had a demo of Unity up when it was still pre-full release and being developed. I remember how excited I was to see it and how excited you were to show it off to me. You were so kind and warm even then - and I just was some random girl who just was nerding out. You were willing to nerd out with me and at the time I couldn't believe I was meeting you in person! At the time, you had always been this personality I saw on youtube. I was just so excited to meet you and get to chat. Later, you and Doug took a picture with me that I still have - I'm glad we got to have that memory in person together and I have that memento from it.

I couldn't foresee that I'd get the privilege to later work with you at Smiteworks. You were so welcoming and I remember every time I left a conversation with you- knowing that you were truly happy for me being there. You were a support for me as I adjusted to being a part of the team and gave me so many insights and advice. I also remember us chatting about so many random things before or after the stream - from how much we enjoy Mexican food to what kind of shows we want to bring to the channel to just general rpg stuffs. You were also the one who helped me figure out logistics as I was preparing to launch the first stream I'd ever organize. I knew less than nothing about logistics and all the things that need to be handled/could go wrong - and you freely gave me insight and help. I always knew if I needed it you had my back.

I really don't know how to process that you won't be around anymore - the world is a little less bright now that you're not here. But, I know that you'll live on in all the lives you touched - both in person through friendships and relationships or from a distance through your various shows on minis, dm-ing digitally, Fg, and more.
    I hope you are at peace now and can rest. I can't put into words how much you'll be missed. But I feel blessed having had the opportunity to meet you and build a relationship with you for the time we did have.

Till we meet again,
    Violet
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Very sad news. My condolences to his family and his friends at Smiteworks.

Thread Information