5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

CoreRPG - LARGE Fonts

If you're having issues with extension please read this post first on making sure you have correct extension installed.

This is a very simple extension to increase the size of the basic fonts included in CoreRPG. I find it useful for me when I am converting a lot of content into Fantasy Grounds and need to review story entries. It's also useful when you have large display and higher resolutions.

If you find areas that fonts could be increased feel free to suggest them.

NOTE: Keep in mind this is for the CoreRPG fonts and if you're ruleset uses its own custom versions it might not work the same. You might also notice poor alignment or clipping due to font sizes.

You can download the extension on the forge here.
    Last edited by celestian; February 1st, 2022 at 21:41.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Added a more locations where the fonts will be larger (chat/related).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi,

Your ext seems not to work with SirMotte's Hearth Theme. Would changing the load order help?

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Hi,

Your ext seems not to work with SirMotte's Hearth Theme. Would changing the load order help?
    Assuming the issue is load order... I've changed it (set to 42). Let me know if it helps.
    ---

I noticed this on 5E, but I assume this a general issue. Certain text is now misaligned in the Manual Dice Entry window:

1) Options -> Client -> Dice: Manual entry == On
    2) Roll a die

and since the Requested Rolls extension:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view

now uses the Manual Dice Entry window to prompt for rolls it also presents a more confusing window with overlapping text.

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    I noticed this on 5E, but I assume this a general issue. Certain text is now misaligned in the Manual Dice Entry window:

1) Options -> Client -> Dice: Manual entry == On
    2) Roll a die

and since the Requested Rolls extension:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view

now uses the Manual Dice Entry window to prompt for rolls it also presents a more confusing window with overlapping text.
    The note listed in the original post mentioned there might be issues with alignment/etc depending on how a ruleset and/or extension uses fonts that are altered.

Keep in mind this is for the CoreRPG fonts and if you're ruleset uses its own custom versions it might not work the same. You might also notice poor alignment or clipping due to font sizes.

The way FG works there isn't much of a way to adjust specific sections in various rulesets w/o customizing for those and unfortunately I won't be able to do that.
    ---

Is it possible to control which locations the font is increased? I'm wanting to decrease the font size for the effects that are listed in the combat tracker but keep the character names with the 24pt font?

Quote Originally Posted by JayceStorm View Post
    Is it possible to control which locations the font is increased? I'm wanting to decrease the font size for the effects that are listed in the combat tracker but keep the character names with the 24pt font?
    Not really, unless you want to change the defined font used in that location in the ruleset (not something I do with this extension). This extension changes the "standard" font definitions for specific texts used in various locations. For example 'msgfont','sheetlabel' and 'sheettext'. Where those appear they will have the adjusted size. To change that in a location you'd need to change the font definition used to say... 'msgfont-different' for that location instead of 'msgfont'.

Not something I'll do with this extension myself however.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Not really, unless you want to change the defined font used in that location in the ruleset (not something I do with this extension). This extension changes the "standard" font definitions for specific texts used in various locations. For example 'msgfont','sheetlabel' and 'sheettext'. Where those appear they will have the adjusted size. To change that in a location you'd need to change the font definition used to say... 'msgfont-different' for that location instead of 'msgfont'.

Not something I'll do with this extension myself however.
    Thanks for the response and I appreciate the recommendations

Thread Information