5E Character Create Playlist

Using Custom Maps

First off, I want to be clear, I am using this for my own purposes and not planning to make any money on it.

When this happens, I lose all of my custom maps within the adventure itself. I still have them on my PC, but they are reset to the custom maps with almost no details. Here is an example:

Default map for Fistandia’s Mansion
    map-2.01-fistandias-mansion-player.jpg

Custom Map for Fistandia’s Mansion
    Ch. 03 - Fistandia's Mansion.jpg

I set up the Custom Map for my players and when the adventure updates, it puts the Default Map back in. When I put the Custom Map back in, all of the LOS data is still there, but it is a pain to have to change it around at FGU's discretion. Not only that, but the encounters all reset and I have to put the monsters where they are supposed to be.

How can I make this stop happening so that my changes stay in the adventure?

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

Blog Entries
    How are you creating your custom map? If you are opening the module in a campaign, and then unlocking the image and adding to it, you should not be getting changes to it unless you are selecting Revert Changes to either the module or the image.

But I'm not sure how you are making changes to the map. Please give us detailed set by step directions so we can understand what you are doing. Then we can either give you the proper steps, or let you know what's going on. Or identify it as a bug so that the developers can resolve.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Most likely you are not importing the custom map into the campaign before adding the line of sight etc. Another possibility is you have the same name on the custom map as the map in the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, I don't think I am updating the map in the module. Here is what I do:

1) Put each map into its own directory
    a) Ch. 3 - The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces
    1. Fistandia's Mansion.jpg
    b) Ch. 04 -Mazfroth’s Mighty Digressions
    1. Ch. 04.1 - Night Campfire Path.jpg
    2. Ch. 04.2 - The Wide.jpg
    3. etc.
    c) etc.
    2) Open up FGU, click on Assets and refresh them
    3) Click on Images, Campaign, Ch. 3 - The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces
    a) Fistandia's Mansion is there
    b) I open up my Images tab
    c) I add a new group to my Images tab and call it Ch. 3 * The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces
    d) I drag the image into the Ch. 3 - The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces in my Images box
    4) I add LOS to the map
    5) I add the story links to the map
    6) I add the encounters to the map and place the NPC's

Then when the adventure is updated, I lose the custom map and the encounter placement.

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

You need to import the map into your campaign before you do any LOS etc. once you have the images in your images folder (I’m assuming you put the images into the images folder inside your campaign) open images from the right hand button and then click on the add to campaign button. Click yes to the are you sure message and the images will now appear in the images list. Open the image from there and add LOS encounters etc. See the first video here for more information on importing images into your campaign https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information