FG Spreadshirt Swag

Race Stat Bonus error

Hi All - we've been experiencing an intermittent problem with racial stat bonuses and wonder if anyone else is having the same issue.

The issue is that, sometimes the racial stat bonuses for several of the pcs disappear. Reinstating them doesn't help, they blank out moments later.

I'm using RMC1 and it's the Northmen bonuses which appear to be causing the most problems.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Rainbird

Hi Rainbird,

I haven't see the issue but I will see if I can recreate it. Are the bonuses disappearing for the GM, player or both?

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Rainbird,

I haven't see the issue but I will see if I can recreate it. Are the bonuses disappearing for the GM, player or both?

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Hi Dakadin - the bonuses were disappearing for both. We were also experiencing lag problems with FGU (map and table resolver very slow) and binned the session due to that.

It was odd that only two of the five players were affected last night but this issue has been an intermittent problem over the past few months (tbh I thought it had been fixed in an update until last night).

Thanks,

Rainbird

Hi Rainbird,

I was able to recreate it. As a workaround until I can fix it, you can do the following:
    * Make a copy of the Northman race by dragging it to the race list.
    * Share the copied record
    * Drag the copied race to the character sheet

This should keep it from repeating.

For the lag issues, I've only seen that when I was using LoS/Lighting and there were a lot of nodes. I've been redoing my LoS so that it doesn't have as many nodes and I haven't experienced it since. Hopefully that helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Thanks Dakadin for the work around.

And thanks for the note on nodes (I'm using a large map with plenty of LOS nodes) - as an aside, do you have a very quick internet connection? I'm considering switching to fiber to help with this issue...but if it makes no discernable difference I won't go to the trouble.

Thanks

Rainbird

Hi Rainbird,

I have fiber right now at 75/75 and I've only had issues with the nodes that I mentioned. If you have a slower or unreliable internet connection then it can cause issues since the GM needs to share things with each of the players. The players only need to communicate with the GM.

For the nodes, Sulimo actually pointed out a new feature that I missed.
    Simplify Selected Occulders.png

Selecting a group of nodes and using that will remove some of the extras especially when you have multiplies in a straight line. Just after you do it check to make sure it didn't remove a node that you need. If it does you can do Ctrl+Z to undo it and move to the next set of node.

Hopefully that helps.

Dakadin

I have 100/10, and I typically don't have too much trouble with lag.

I did notice that if I let the players move around a map with LoS freely (no token lock), the player client I have running (for streaming) lags quite a bit. It's because it's calculating all of the LoS for each player on that client, so it's somewhat expected. I solved it by turning on token lock so I could manipulate the map while they players are figuring out their movement.

Thanks for the responses. It looks like fiber is the way to go.

Regards,

Rainbird

Just to clarify, I have two bonded DSL lines, not fiber (that is why I only get 10MB upload speed). I wish there was fiber in my area, the line to the neighborhood is about a block and a half away.

Thanks Sulimo - we're at the end of the exchange here (in the UK) and I'm getting 16/1.2. So much, much lower than you guys.

A fiber engineer is being arranged today

Regards,

Rainbird

Thread Information