DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Spell Record Actions extension

As I began to enter spell automation to all of my selfmade 3.5e modules (~20 books) I wanted to punch my monitor as that workflow is ... let's say not good for my sanity.

To help comes the new Spell Record Actions extension.

Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/373/view

Sometimes the save, damage and/or heal fields don't display the actual value. This is partly due to having no actual character data (e.g. Level, etc.). You can always check the actual values by clicking the magnifying glass.

What this extension does:
    - Support for 3.5E/PFRPG/5E, might support more rulesets in the future if I find the time and motivation
    - Adds actions and effects to each spell record (idea and inspiration from PF2e ruleset)
    - 4 buttons to add cast, damage, heal, and effects as the right-click menu is imo user-unfriendly
    - 1 clear buttons which deletes all created effects
    - 1 parse button which parses on click. Please clear before parsing already parsed/added conten to minimize the possibilities of errors!
    - Extended parsing when there is a duration to easier track time of effects/spells. Sets to "self" when "Personal" is in range or effect/target

If you find any bugs, please report them in this thread. Also if you have any suggestions or the like, please post them here.

Screenshot:

Please se the ~1min parsing demonstration video:
    https://i.imgur.com/SiYcib7.mp4
    Last edited by Zarestia; June 2nd, 2022 at 01:16. Reason: removed old .ext attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Known minor issues (not really impacting anyhting):
    - Kelrugem's extended automation: throws a rather neglectable error when opening cast details, author is informed, a safety if-clause to check whether the spell is on the charsheet will help
    I can confirm that the author knows about it And added to my tasks here: https://github.com/users/Kelrugem/projects/1

Update v1.1 (only in this post)
    - Added: SpellManager global script override (one extra if-else clause for safety) for upcoming TEST changes. Change will be uploaded on the Forge when the ruleset updates go live.

Attached you can find the updated version if you want to test it or play in TEST channel.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update v1.1 is now live in the Forge

v1.1 - Compatibility for ruleset changes

Update v1.11:
    • Fixed fat-fingered blank space throwing dozen of errors

v1.12: Changed loadorder to fix some issues with Kelrugem's extended automation.

Known minor issues (not really impacting anyhting):
    - Kelrugem's extended automation: throws a rather neglectable error when editing cast details directly in the spell, not on the charsheet

Wow - need this for 5E

Would be great if this was converted for 5E.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    Wow - need this for 5E

Would be great if this was converted for 5E.
    I've added 5e support and the update is live on the Forge with version 2.0.

@Mod reading this: Can you please move this thread into the general extension subforum?

This FANTASTIC.

I have just created a sample "spell" and added a healing effect. I then exported the healing effect to a mod and loaded this in another FGU campaign and it works !!!

What this means, is that I will be able to create home brew modules and add effects to class abilities, items, effects, feats and treat them as spells to add to character sheets like other retail modules and then export them as my own modules with the functionality already created.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Hey I believe this is causing issues now in Pathfinder 1e. Spells on NPC sheets are not properly adding the ability stat bonus to their DCs.

Thread Information