DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5E - Effective NPC

Effective NPC is a 5E extension that enables custom effects to be applied to targets from the NPC sheet with the addition of "has become <customeffect>" to the NPC sheet traits or actions.

Forge Link

History.
    V 1.0 - Initial

Awesome, love your work!

I'm not sure why, but it's not managing to parse for me. Can anyone else confirm that the version downloaded from the forge is working correctly? This is literally something I've been saying on our show that I think should be part of FG, and I'd love to see it working.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    I'm not sure why, but it's not managing to parse for me. Can anyone else confirm that the version downloaded from the forge is working correctly? This is literally something I've been saying on our show that I think should be part of FG, and I'd love to see it working.
    Post a couple of screenshots of your effects list and npc text.

Couple of things.

I tested some punctuation it worked but there may be issues. Removing punctuation may help

It matches the first tag in the effect. So the effect must start with the name you wish the parser to match

Example

engulfed; SDMGOS ….

The parser will look for engulfed so the npc text needs to be

has become engulfed

I've tested it and it's working for me. Love this EXT

This is what I attempted. I grabbed the acolyte and added "has become engulfed" to their club, to test things out, and have "Engulfed; Restrained" as an effect. I've tested it both capitalized and not. I have no other extensions turned on. It's not working for some reason. I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

https://sta.sh/0a9wb28qm18

This is what I attempted. I grabbed the acolyte and added "has become engulfed" to their club, to test things out, and have "Engulfed; Restrained" as an effect. I've tested it both capitalized and not. I have no other extensions turned on. It's not working for some reason. I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

https://sta.sh/0a9wb28qm18
    From what I can see you'll need to add your wording to an action or trait - not the weapon line. I doubt that adding to the weapon line will have any effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    From what I can see you'll need to add your wording to an action or trait - not the weapon line. I doubt that adding to the weapon line will have any effect.
    Other effects and conditions (such as "is poisoned for 1 minute") parse out the same way there on plenty of existing blocks that share weapon attack/damage rolls, which seem to be what this is emulating the parsing for. I'm not really sure anything in the action boxes becomes a "weapon line" in any functionally different way on an NPC sheet, so there should be no conflict. To my understanding, that text is read the same as anywhere else in this regard, in the same way that you can program attack and damage rolls into the traits section.

To that end though, my initial attempts before trying it out exclusively in a blank campaign were to add it to a trait, but it didn't work there either. Re-attempted it before sending this message, and doing so yielded no results.

I may have had a bad package. I recompressed the extension and put an updated version on the forge. Try updating and see if you have better luck.

Hi,

Tried to get the extension but I just didn't download. I have it in my inventory but it just wont download

Thnks!

Thread Information