5E Character Create Playlist

When FGU will turn 3d?

Hi, i found 2 threads only (one closed on 2007 more or less, and the other one in 2019 for tabletop connect ).

Any news for going 3d?

a friend of mine started today ( Nov 13th 2021 ) with talespire and he said the 3d part is awesome but lacks the automations fgu offers.

Since i imagined FG won't loose terrain on those matters, i thought of asking here.

So, again, any news for going 3d?

Perhaps a new FG3D or a massive update?

Blog Entries
    No news. SmiteWorks does not announce a roadmap or timeline or discuss new and/or possible upcoming features.

As you can see from the previous posts you dug up, it is a somewhat contentious topic. Many people thinking it is the only possible future, and others adamantly opposed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No news. SmiteWorks does not announce a roadmap or timeline or discuss new and/or possible upcoming features.

As you can see from the previous posts you dug up, it is a somewhat contentious topic. Many people thinking it is the only possible future, and others adamantly opposed.
    :'(

Let's hope it will appear in their plans.

Thanks for your answer!

I didn't look to see if/what I said on past 3d threads...I think I was most likely in favor but I think I've revised my opinion after playing with some of the different 3d apps out there (Talespire being the most recent)...they all feel very awkward. 3d is neat but the game flow is somewhat painful and I don't see how it can be made more fluid. Could FG do 3d smoother? Maybe but history of FG's UI has always been best described as requiring a learning curve.

Slightly off topic but I personally feel like FG would get the biggest bang out of adding some mobile support next. It seems like a glaring hole right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    I didn't look to see if/what I said on past 3d threads...I think I was most likely in favor, but I think I've revised my opinion after playing with some of the different 3d apps out there (Talespire being the most recent)...they all feel very awkward. 3d is neat, but the game flow is somewhat painful and I don't see how it can be made more fluid. Could FG do 3d smoother? Maybe but the history of FG's UI has always been best described as requiring a learning curve Slightlyioff-topic,-topic fee like FG would get the biggest bang out of adding some mobile support next. It seems like a glaring hole right now.
    I agree with you. This mobile idea has been kicked around. At one point, there was some unofficial chatter about having a mobile portal to manage campaigns, players being able to read and look at their campaign characters and the GMs could do some minor edits to manage their campaign in a cloud-like environment. Not a character builder or a rules interface, but more of a campaign management tool. Smiteworks would need to build it, maintain it, and hire someone to oversee it and develop it further. it's not an easy task and would probably require a subscription fee. And, the only way to have symmetry, would be to update FGU before launch.

Here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135376
    Last edited by Laerun; November 14th, 2021 at 19:40.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I would be happy with 3D minis on a flat map. You know, like at an actual table.
    Then, if FG could import the model format from Hero Forge, my wallet would be forever empty.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    I would be happy with 3D minis on a flat map. You know, like at an actual table.
    Then, if FG could import the model format from Hero Forge, my wallet would be forever empty.
    Did You mean something like astral tabletop?

Thread Information