DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    It seems to be working quite well for attack rolls and saves, but skill checks are still just the same color no matter the result. The only other Extensions I'm running are Has Initiative Indicator, Aura Effects, and the Universal Module to be able to load a 1E campaign. Going to the party sheet and doing any Skill check with DC doesn't activate the colors, though the Saves from there do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawil at Umr View Post
    It seems to be working quite well for attack rolls and saves, but skill checks are still just the same color no matter the result.
    As mentioned in post #1 - "this extension supports This applies to attack rolls and saving throws, as well as skill checks vs. DC." Normal skill checks don't have a target DC so FG doesn't know the success level, but skill checks vs. DC (currently for NPC ability automation only) do have a target DC so FG knows the result.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As mentioned in post #1 - "this extension supports This applies to attack rolls and saving throws, as well as skill checks vs. DC." Normal skill checks don't have a target DC so FG doesn't know the success level, but skill checks vs. DC (currently for NPC ability automation only) do have a target DC so FG knows the result.
    But like I said, going to the party sheet's Skill tab, using the dropdown on the bottom to choose a skill, setting a DC, and rolling it for the party results in the program telling me who got what level of success, but just in plain old white. It seems weird that after telling it what the DC is it can tell me whether it's a success/failure/etc, but that it doesn't pass that info along to the extension.

Still a great extension, I was just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawil at Umr View Post
    Still a great extension, I was just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
    Hopefully the extension author can provide full details.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hopefully the extension author can provide full details.
    The “Skill vs. DC” only works for something coded in a creature, so I think it currently only works on creature abilities vs. PCs, not the other way around. That might have to wait until ruleset release 19.

Looks like this extension has a collision with the NPC Chat Portraits extension that I was about to try out - once I disable it, the success colors show up for me again.

Any chance that this extension gets updated to work with the new GM DC Panel?

I can check this out, but I haven't really figures out when exactly FG uses the DC from the panel. Is that documented somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    I can check this out, but I haven't really figures out when exactly FG uses the DC from the panel. Is that documented somewhere?
    The panel just sets a DC for activity skill actions that don't have a DC set (DC = None in the activity Skill action).

Thank you, that sounds doable, then. I'll see what I can do.

Thread Information