STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Extension: Success Level Colors

I have created an extension to add graphical feedback to the announcement of check results in the chat window. These results will now be colored by the level of success, so you can recognize your success level faster:

Successes are colored green.
    Failures are colored dark red.
    Critical successes are colored blue.
    Critical failures are colored bright red.

This applies to attack rolls and saving throws, as well as skill checks vs. DC.

Please test and give feedback!

I hope it's ok to post this in this forum, if not, please let me know.

EDIT: This extension is now available on the forge here.
    Last edited by Zaister; January 30th, 2022 at 11:04. Reason: Uploaded extension to forge

I'll definitely check this out and let you know what I think, Zaister... sounds great, though!

If all goes well, you should consider tossing it out on the Forge where a lot of people now go to find their extensions and accessories.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I'll definitely check this out and let you know what I think, Zaister... sounds great, though!

If all goes well, you should consider tossing it out on the Forge where a lot of people now go to find their extensions and accessories.
    Thank you! Putting it on the Forge is indeed my plan, but I wanted to get some test feedback first. Maybe even some suggestions for a slightly better color scheme, as I'm not yet completely convinced by the two different shades of red.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    Thank you! Putting it on the Forge is indeed my plan, but I wanted to get some test feedback first. Maybe even some suggestions for a slightly better color scheme, as I'm not yet completely convinced by the two different shades of red.
    Yea... the 2 shades of red was what gave me pause when I read that.
    Orange for failure, red for crit failure? Not sure what's best.

I thought maybe just bolding Crit Failure and Crit Success might make them stand out, but I'd have to see it in action to know whether or not it would be too much.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    I have created an extension to add graphical feedback to the announcement of check results in the chat window.
    Do you have a screenshot of what this looks like in use please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do you have a screenshot of what this looks like in use please?
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used it this weekend and it was great! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
    I used it this weekend and it was great! Thank you!
    Cool!

I’ll trial this in my session this Saturday and get some feedback from my players. Will also see if it plays well with other extensions I have. Nice to see PF2 supported.

Thread Information