FG Spreadshirt Swag

The Mwangi Expanse: Compendium

FG Store Entry: Pathfinder RPG 2 - Lost Omens: The Mwangi Expanse

The Mwangi Expanse is a Lost Omens (Second Edition Pathfinder) regional guide hardback from Paizo, now lovingly converted for use in Fantasy Grounds. It's the first resource that really examines a region of Golarion, giving it greater detail and expanding the rules based on that additional detail. Mwangi has been visited in PF2 before (for example, it is the location for most of the action that happens in the second entry of the Age of Ashes adventure path), but in this book, greater attention is paid to the specifics of the various regions and peoples of this exotic location.

As a read, it has a lot of interesting details and thought provoking or idea generating insights into various people and places of the region, so for anyone looking for a jungle setting for either a campaign setting or adventure location, there's a lot to be gained from reading through the Reference Manual. As always, I try to design the Reference Manual to be as close as possible to the digital PDF for feel, layout, and presentation. I hope everyone enjoys perusing it.

It also offers some new features for those looking for more options for their characters or campaign. Such as:
    • Six New Ancestries (Anadi, Conrasu, Gnoll, Golama, Shisk)
    • New Heritages for the New Ancestries
    • Dozens of New Feats (associated with both New and Old Ancestries)
    • Deities of the Mwangi (including details on their use for divine casters)
    • A Bestiary with New Creatures
    • A Slew of New Portraits and Tokens

I put in as much automation as possible for this release, as well. That said, let me know if I missed anything. As soon as I had this done and reasonably tested out, I shifted my focus to Secrets of Magic (which is now nearly done as of this posting), so it's possible a few opportunities to add to the automation of this release slipped past me.

The Regional and City Maps along with all the artwork of this release are beautiful, let me tell you. All of those images from the hardback are included and can be shared with players - those alone are almost worth the price of the product. There really is some spectacular work in there.

So... When you get a chance to get it for yourself or if there's anything you are curious about, would love to see some extra support of, or want to talk about related to this project, please feel free to add to this thread! I always love input and feedback.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; November 23rd, 2021 at 22:01.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Cool, just let us know when in the store!

Great news!

Can't be soon enough. :-)
    My 2nd group want to start the Strength of Thousands soon.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Added the store link to the first post.

Beyond that, there are a few little aspects that fall outside of the Physical Book I have thought about adding as part of the Compendium, but with Secrets of Magic almost ready, and with my tackling Guns and Gears now (with gusto!), I am not sure how useful putting some time in adding some fun support to this would be at the moment. For example:

On page 289 of the hardback, there's a Bestiary of Creatures found and I thought about a little quick reference module that simply has the links to all the creatures out of the assorted Bestiaries and APs so they'd be easy to pull up if you have those products open.

There are also some leaders and personalities in the series that have vague references to their level and profession that could be given appropriate stat blocks for quick use for anyone interested in having a more detailed interaction with Luchomo of Nantambu, to name one possibility.

At any rate, for those interested, let me know what you think or what might enhance the product even more! Beyond that, for those of you that grab this, I hope you enjoy all the new artwork, features, and details that came with your delve into those wild lands!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information