Starfinder Playlist

Multiple PCs Per Player LOS Lighting Issues

Hey guys, I'm unsure if this has been brought up before, but I looked around at quite a few LOS/lighting posts and didn't see it.

So, I am running a very small session with some friends. 2 players, 2 PCs each. When using the new lightning/LOS features (which I love), if one of their PCs moves to an area that cannot be seen by the other, they can't select their other PC to move them or do anything. I'm guessing there is a hotkey or something I'm unaware of to switch between characters or take control without clicking on the icon directly, but maybe not.

I have turned on party vision to avoid this issue for now, but would love to truly use the LOS the way it's intended for each PC. Also makes it easier for me as the DM to see who the enemies can target without tilting the field a certain way.

In case it matters, we are running this in Pathfinder 2e. Thanks.

I do not think this can be achieved currently.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    Have the players select the active character by selecting the character portrait in the top left. Or you can turn on Party Vision & Movement and then they will see all PC vision when no PC is selected.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Once the player has moved the first token (and finished any combat) click on it again to deselect it and then they'll be able to see both tokens. So basically deselect the current token to see both. (And you don't need Party Vision on for this).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah, alright. Thanks, I'll have them try deselecting their token then. I had them try to click on their portrait on the top left, double click on it, etc. Only thing it did was bring up the character sheet.

I'll report back when I can get them to test with me. Thanks again.

If a player has control of multiple characters, they will see a small icon in the upper right corner of the character sheet that looks like a chat bubble. Click the chat bubble for the active character to have control of that character. Switching between characters even changes the hotkeys so you can have different set ups for each character.

I can confirm that if players deselect their token, they can now see their other token. We just had like a 30 minute session messing around with that and light sources and so that was fun. But yeah, thanks for the info guys! Now I can finally run the map as expected.

Thread Information