5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Well if that is true, I have some contacts he should talk to.

Jason
    I'm currently working with Cameron Cleveland, as a sort of liaison to Palladium/Siembieda...

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Now I am confused! I thought, above, that you said: "... it is almost universally re-implemented by every single ruleset, since the charsheet is re-implemented by every single ruleset."

So... re-implement is not redefine? I have been making progress on doing exactly that, as it turns out.

Anyway, yes, I'm actually working with the Palladium guys to do an 'official' ruleset for RIFTS. I'm off to a slow start, but I think that I'll be picking up speed a little bit every day (as I add, or as damned provides me with, items to the my knowledge-base and repertoire : - )

I think that RIFTS is going to be a particularly knotty challenge, but we'll see.

- s.west
    I believe the assumption being made was that it was an extension you were making since you were asking for a change to CoreRPG. If you are doing a Rifts ruleset then you just take CoreRPG (or 5E or ???) and adapt it wholesale. So for such a case you don't bother asking anyone to change CoreRPG you just change it and call it Rifts.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    I'm currently working with Cameron Cleveland, as a sort of liaison to Palladium/Siembieda...

- s.west
    Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I believe the assumption being made was that it was an extension you were making since you were asking for a change to CoreRPG. If you are doing a Rifts ruleset then you just take CoreRPG (or 5E or ???) and adapt it wholesale. So for such a case you don't bother asking anyone to change CoreRPG you just change it and call it Rifts.

Jason
    Right, I had come to that conclusion. I had, more or less, made that point earlier, but what I missed in MW's post (that you noted above) was the 'extension' assumption.

I think I'm all caught up now.

Thanks!

- s.west

Blog Entries
    So you can either merge some changes onto CoreRPG windowclassses or you can replace them.
    Moon Wizard is saying that in most rulesets charsheet is just replaced.
    To replace it you have to redefine each/every object that you are keeping.
    In traditional method thats easy - you copy the charsheet.xml file to your ruleset folder and you are done - or you can just edit that file directly.

In ruleset wizard you will have to define each of those token and portrait and resize and close buttons.
    Ofc its all doable - but I wouldnt start my learning experience there.
    Id start it with Strength and Intelligence, and Name and Race etc.

Roger that.

As it turns out, like I implied before, doing this activity teaches many other things about what is going on behind the scenes.

For instance, I just wasn't getting the connection between a 'control' item and, for instance, an associated windowclass. So, redefining all the controls on charsheet meant that I would have to recreate the related windowclasses.

I was really struggling with how these connections were being made, but now it's much clearer. I know that it probably seems obvious to the experienced, but to me it felt like a mystery.

Thanks, again, for the continued help and interest.

- s.west

Thread Information