DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about how to handle NPC datasheets with multiple weapons correctly

Hi,

this question does not regard to FGU, but to the generic starfinder rules. I'm unsure on how to understand this. For e.g. the "Security Guard" Datasheet startes that the NPC has a ranged attack consisting of: a) pulsecaster pistol, or b) flash grenade or c) sticky bomb. Sice it's written "or" it seem to mean that the NPC only has ONE of those options - while this seems to be understandable in some cases it seems to make no sense when the NPC only got for e.g. one grenade. So my question is:

If there are 3 different weapons written in the statblock, can the NPC use alle 3 of them (obeying the rules for weaponswitching), or do i (as a GM) have to decide in advance which one he uses, or is it totaly "up to me"?

Regards

Mordred

So the "or" refers to the decision that is made when the NPC attacks.
    The NPC has all the options available to them, but they must choose which weapon(s) to draw and use from those. So your Security Guard might draw and use a flash grenade turn one and then proceed to use their pulsecaster pistol from there on. Or they might want to use the sticky bomb later on.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Hey Evo,

thanks for your reply. That's what i thought, but i just wasn't 100% sure .

Thread Information