FG Spreadshirt Swag

Extras visible to players in the CT

Is it possible to make Friendly Extra characters visible to the players in the Combat Tracker? They are player controlled NPC's but the players are struggling not knowing what Action Card they have!

If they are play controlled NPCs they should be on the same card as the player controlling them, drag the npc shortcut onto the card the player has and they are added to the controlling PCs group.

https://youtu.be/QI36BeINELI
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I have tried that, and I still have two issues. The NPC is still not visible in the player facing CT, and also the NPC uses the same card as the player. We prefer to have the NPC's with their own card.

I will keep playing around.

EDIT: Doh. I forgot about the NPC Visibility button...
    Last edited by Arion; November 3rd, 2021 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    ...We prefer to have the NPC's with their own card.
    The thing is then you are trying to use the ruleset contrary to how it meant to be used. (Not saying you shouldn't it's your choice, but trying to use it "against" the rules will lead to issues.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I played with it a bit - it should still work. Its the same as using it the intended way, but there is an extra (maybe 2) annoying step (s).

1. Make sure the allied NPC is on one of the PC (first tab, Allies)
    2. Add PCs to the tracker using the menu button on the CT
    3. Add the allied NPCs using the menu button on the CT
    4. The GM needs to hit the Edit List button in the top right hand corner of the CT. Then go through the PCs and hit Ungroup Item for each of the NPCs.
    5. I am not sure if you mean that all the NPCs have just one card, but you should be able to put them in their own group from there - just drag/drop their link in the CT onto one action card

The players will still have control of their allied NPC. They can move them on the map. As normal, they need to pop open the NPC character sheet from their PCs character sheet to roll dice.

The other annoying part is the CT cleanup after a fight. Using the CT menu to delete the NPCs removes the bad guys and the allied NPCs. So you will either need to remove any left over bad guys individually and keep the PCs/Allied NPCs or redo 3-5 above.

Thread Information