DICE PACKS BUNDLE

2021-11 Ruleset: Players can no longer see/set owned portraits

In the Live version of FGU, players can set their character portrait using any portraits they own. For example, my demo players had a few options such as "FG Fantasy" and if I joined via localhost I had access to all my owned portraits from the player client.

With the latest beta ruleset changes, if I log in as a player (via localhost) I cannot see any portrait assets in the selection window - is this expected?

5E v2021-11-15
    FGU v4.1.11

This may be an interesting problem, that may force me to roll back this particular change. It requires changes to the client, that may be big or small that I won't know until I open it up and try to get it working. Given the time frame and how many rulesets need to be updated, I may not have time to implement player view in built-in asset control fully, which means rolling this back.

Regards,
    JPG

After investigation, I will need to roll back to the old method; because using the new method would require implementing an entire subsystem to allow players to use their local assets throughout the UI. While it is something we want to support long term, it's a good size project in the main client that spans the asset management subsystem, networking subsystem, and more.

The next beta update will use the old method for the portrait window.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information