DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Drained Condition

Is there a way, or a plan, to automate the Drained condition? How are people handling the drained condition in their games?

Referring to the PFRPG2 Effects Wiki Page, we can see that the Drained condition is set as a standard numerical condition - Drained: 1, Drained: 2, etc.. and the numerical value will apply as a penalty to Constitution checks, constitution based skill checks (if there are any?) and fortitude saves. The notes section state: "Manually apply (N)*level HP loss and reduction in max HP. Reduce Drained level by 1 when gaining the benefits of proper rest (once per 24 hour period)."

So, pretty much follow those instructions - apply the Drained condition as a numerical effect as needed, and adjust the HP/max HP accordingly - I used CTRL+mouse-wheel on the HP MAX field on the PC charsheet main tab to reduce the max HP temporarily (the penalty will appear as a bubble in the top right of the field) so you can keep track of the original max HP.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 1st, 2021 at 16:13.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, no plan to automate it, ok. HP Max is calculated so I don't think it can be adjusted, as per the above instructions, and I don't think I would want to do that anyway for fear of forgetting it, or what it was originally. I asked because I forgot a character was drained 1 and when they healed, nothing prevented them from healing up to their undrained MAX, then we all forgot about it, as it was buried in his list of effects. No worries, my mistake ended up their benefit, I don't mind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolorokenpay View Post
    So, no plan to automate it, ok.
    "It" (the drained condition) is partially automated at this stage. What isn't automated is the HP change. There are plans to implement effect based HP changes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolorokenpay View Post
    HP Max is calculated so I don't think it can be adjusted, as per the above instructions, and I don't think I would want to do that anyway for fear of forgetting it, or what it was originally.
    See my edit in the text above regarding using CTRL+mouse-wheel on the HP MAX field.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And you could also use the "lvl +/-" field in the Hit Point details window to change the HP max based off the level. Putting in a negative value equivalent to the drained value.

For example, for Drained: 2 you could do this:

Or (as previously mentioned) apply the Max HP change as a modifier (CTRL+mouse-wheel) to the HP MAX field:

Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I like that the best. Thanks Trenloe

I typically use the wheel too, but a couple weeks ago we were having some players with Drained:3 at level 14. The math started to get annoying, so thanks for sharing the level calculation alternative!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Completely forgot about the HP calculation window.
    Thanks for that Trenloe, I have multiple drained conditions to deal with.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thread Information