DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Any News?

The issue is the old versions will not be updated so as FG releases updates they will at some point just stop working.

The new ones will continue to be updated to stay compatible with new updates of FG overall. I just wish that when you launched a game as the new version you didn't see all of your old items mixed in with the new when you were selecting which modules to open. I know it's only an issue when you are first starting a campaign but in a few years when I expect there will be a bunch of additional releases (some duplicates of the old books) it could be a real pain in the arse parsing through it and making you've only opened the correct ones and that you have all the player stuff from the old modules blocked so they don't open them in error.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmalachdrim View Post
    I just wish that when you launched a game as the new version you didn't see all of your old items mixed in with the new when you were selecting which modules to open. I know it's only an issue when you are first starting a campaign but in a few years when I expect there will be a bunch of additional releases (some duplicates of the old books) it could be a real pain in the arse parsing through it and making you've only opened the correct ones and that you have all the player stuff from the old modules blocked so they don't open them in error.
    They've probably done this to allow previous product owners to access the old modules they have. There'll probably be a time when they remove this flag from the ruleset to only use data tagged for the "CncRPG" ruleset (the name of the new ruleset). If you're interested, the tag in the ruleset is <importinfo> - https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...499/importinfo
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information