DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Any News?

Any News?

So any news and release of this "remastered" version of C&C or is it just kind of redoing the existing ruleset? Will it require a new purchase? Anyother relevant information maybe that I did not ask but you may know would be appreciated. Been holding out on starting a C&C game for some information.

Blog Entries
    I would never "hold out" for a ruleset unless the devs have stated that its been submitted for QA. Otherwise its just... well it could be anywhere... or nowhere.

I have heard that they are working on it, and we've been doing some coordination. As @damned notes, we don't communicate any information on DLC until we have the files in-house, reviewed and getting them ready for release on the stores; since DLC developers are contracted and we don't have any control over their delivery time frames.

Regards,
    JPG

Im more interested what exactly is IT? Like if I start a campaign in currently release of rulset am I going to need to the scrap and start over when this release happens? Like is it not going to be the same C&C I currently have bought or is it just going to be somthing like you buy and add on? And keep rolling

Blog Entries
    You would be better asking these questions on the TLG Discord. I believe you'll be able to update an existing campaign to the new ruleset, but it is a one way trip.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I asked that same question on the Discord and was told that stuff made for the current ruleset will still run on the rebuilt one. I wouldn't hold my breat on it though. Troll Lord is run by a couple of guys, and they seem to be working on a lot of things at once. As Stephen has joked on his Twitch streams, they run on "Troll Time". Earlier in the year, they'sd said they were shooting for an August release, mid-September at the most, and well...
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

So it looks like the updated ruleset has been released on the Forge.
    Last edited by lordmalachdrim; January 20th, 2022 at 23:23.

Blog Entries
    Awesome great news.
    Im not sure what is in the new rulebooks but many drag and drop features work with the current rulebooks.
    Ill have to buy the new PHB soon and check it out.

My group and I enjoy C&C but debating if I really want to rebuy these things or just move this to our face-to-face game and run something else with the online group.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmalachdrim View Post
    My group and I enjoy C&C but debating if I really want to rebuy these things or just move this to our face-to-face game and run something else with the online group.
    The new ruleset (currently free in the forge) will load the legacy modules. I think we need some more information on the exact direction of the new release and backwards compatibility with the legacy data. I would imagine that it will be backwards compatible, but the legacy products won't be updated for new FGU features - but this is only a guess.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information