FG Spreadshirt Swag

Effects code for Arcane spell that turns (controls) undead

Hey all,
    There's a 1st level Arcane Necromancy spell in the Wizards Spell Compendium called Command Undead. It gives the wizard the same power as an evil cleric to control undead at their level of ability. For evil clerics, you make a turn undead roll. Is there an effects string to access the turn undead table? I looked through the Reference-Effects document and there's only TURN and TURNLEVEL, each of which act on top of the automated turn feature which they reference.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    Hey all,
    There's a 1st level Arcane Necromancy spell in the Wizards Spell Compendium called Command Undead. It gives the wizard the same power as an evil cleric to control undead at their level of ability. For evil clerics, you make a turn undead roll. Is there an effects string to access the turn undead table? I looked through the Reference-Effects document and there's only TURN and TURNLEVEL, each of which act on top of the automated turn feature which they reference.
    There is no way to automate an effect to change base turn levels. You can always use the table rolls in the PHB/DMG modules.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Oh, I guess I didn't ask my question clearly; Basically, I want to have a wizard spell do the same check as the Turn Undead button that clerics have access to. Is there some effects string that can make that happen?

Never mind. I realize I can just make a spell that puts an effect up for the correct duration, then give the character the right level in the 'Combat-Calc' window in the 'Main' tab of the character sheet. That activates the Turn button in the Actions tab.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    Never mind. I realize I can just make a spell that puts an effect up for the correct duration, then give the character the right level in the 'Combat-Calc' window in the 'Main' tab of the character sheet. That activates the Turn button in the Actions tab.
    Aye, thats what I was trying to explain, there is no effect to "set" a base turn level to be able to access the "turn" button. The TURNLEVEL effect will adjust the level if you have at least 1 but wont change it if the value is 0. I think it would probably be less work to use the rollable table but what works for you
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information