STAR TREK 2d20

Script execution error

Hello,

I was just doing some tests and found that I am getting a Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"];680: attempt to concatenate local 'nAddtionalDefenseForCC'(a nil value)

I think I have added the compiled logs report to this post.

Thanks

And I have not added it to the message...

I think I got it now...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    99.99% of the time, script errors are caused by extensions or the interactions between extensions.

Start a new campaign with no extensions. Test and verify you do not get any errors, enable your extensions one at a time until you find the extension, or combination of extensions that cause the problem. Then let the extension author(s) know by posting details in the threads for those extensions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That variable is not in any of the code for the rulesets, so it's going to be an extension error. You have 10 extensions loaded according to your logs, so you'll need to figure out which one is causing the issue by disabling them.

Regards,
    JPG

Looks like that variable name has a typo in it (missing 'i' in Addtional) so I'm guessing the extension author just fat-fingered that.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Looks like that variable name has a typo in it (missing 'i' in Addtional) so I'm guessing the extension author just fat-fingered that.
    Whoops that is my "fat-fingered" mistake it is spelt "Additional" I typed it out manually because it would not let me select that text in the window.

I have a "test" game that I will try and add an the extensions one at a time.

Sorry.

So I tried it on a test campaign. Took me awhile to recreate it until I figured out that it happens on critical hits. I have begun removing extensions one by one but ran out of time before having to go to work. I imagine that the additional defence for cc means some type of defence for confirmed critical maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilthorne View Post
    I imagine that the additional defence for cc means some type of defence for confirmed critical maybe?
    I would imagine so.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So the winning culprit is:
    Feature: StrainInjury plus extended automation overlays

I didn't notice also that it was not auto rolling to see if the criteria was confirmed also.

Thread Information