5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

the latest patch of unity broke the combat tracker too

Sorry for the slow update here, but this is a big one.

Here it is, v. 3.0!

WRFP 4th edt.pak

Please keep copies of your old campaigns somewhere, as I can't guarantee that information won't be lost.

Changes (those I remember):

- Updated most of the layout of the character sheets.
    - Added inventory with separate armour and weapon columns which is all added in a master inventory list (with encumbrance autosum).
    - Armour can be sorted based on location, autosum.
    - Made Career tabs.
    - Made Race tabs.
    - Updated the NPC frame.
    - Adjustments to the combat and skill rolls.
    - Fixed the modifier so it calulcates correctly.
    - Added weapongroups that can be trained.
    - Updated the Weapons tab to add the skills correctly.
    - Updated the Items tab to be more in accordance with WH.

And a lot more under the hood with skill and weapon rolls and other tweaks.

There are probably going to be a lot of bugs now, and I appreciate you letting me know when something breaks or doesn't work at all.

I will try to update in smaller portions going from here, but right now all hell broke lose at my work and there is going to be little spare time for me in the near future.
    But if I do get some extra time (and have the energy) I want to tweak this ruleset more.

I did not see the trouble with the combat tracker, or any with the skill/combat rolls when I tested it here.
    Could you add some more information as to what is broken? Unless this update fixed it.

Happy gaming!

Hi Shaky, very nice ruleset!!
    Just a few things are unclear: Is it possible to enter trappings in the career sheet? The trapping fields have no edit possibilities and I also look for a place to enter skill descriptions. Maybe itīs possible to have an extra record entry for this?

Do you plan to enable opposed attack rolls in the ct? This would be awsome.

Your ruleset has a lot of potential IMO.

Greetings and thanks in advance
    Last edited by TomtheBu; September 3rd, 2022 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Hi Shaky, very nice ruleset!!
    Just a few things are unclear: Is it possible to enter trappings in the career sheet? The trapping fields have no edit possibilities and I also look for a place to enter skill descriptions. Maybe itīs possible to have an extra record entry for this?

Do you plan to enable opposed attack rolls in the ct? This would be awsome.

Your ruleset has a lot of potential IMO.

Greetings and thanks in advance
    Thanks!

I see that the add button is bugging, so I have to fix that.
    But in the mean time, it should be possible to right click and select "Create Item" in the radial menu.
    This will give you a new item you can edit.

And opposing rolls is something I really would like to do, but it is probably at least on my top three hardest things to code.
    At least with my skill set.

And with skill descriptions, are you thinking about the Advanced Skills, or all the skills?
    I think it might clutter things a bit if I add description for skills.

Blog Entries
    Hey Shaky my approach to coding opposed rolls is either:

if you must have actual dice rolls then you roll the targets opposed roll first and store that in db field, then you make the attacking roll and compare against the opposed roll result and then reset the value to 0

otherwise just use math.random(#) to adjust the target value by a roll (equivalent) amount.

Hi Shaky,

I mean the trapping fields in the career sheet, not the character sheet. Right clickling opens no radial menu to enter or create an item.

The skill descriptions would be a nice to have but not a must. It would be nice to have a place to look up specializations and the different uses of skills.

And of course opposed tests would be a great gain to the ruleset

A small update this time.

I've fixed the items in the career sheet.
    Also added some graphics here and there, just to test a few things. Critique is much welcome.

With the career sheet, I think I might make it smaller with tabs for each level. I think that would create a better overview of the careers.

WRFP 4th edt.pak

I've discoverd a major annoyance in my ruleset when creating a character.

When adding a race this script runs:

Code:
    function onValueChanged()
        local nodeWin =window.getDatabaseNode();
        local nS = nodeWin.getChild("totS").getValue();

end
    The script is much longer, but this is all that is needed to explain the problem.
    When creating a character sheet, the tab that contains "totS" hasn't been open yet.
    Therefore I get an error message reading:

Script execution error: [string "species_name"]:4 attempt to index a nil value

I understand the cause: since the tab containing "totS" hasn't been opened yet, there is no value to get. Therefore the nil value.

What can I do to get the script to ignore all errors involving a nil value?
    Can I make it say "if nil value then nS = 0"?

Thread Information