5E Character Create Playlist

Adventures in Ardra (5e) (Looking for Players)

Hello all,

My name is Cole, a 25 y/o guy from the Pacific Northwest.

I have been a frequent player and Dungeon Master for a few years now and now that I have some extra time on my hands I am planning to start a new D&D 5e game for 3-4 players in my home world of Ardra.

My games focus on roleplaying and frequent combat since I like action and eventful sessions, and the tone I aim for is heroic fantasy. The world of Ardra is more similar to Middle Earth than Faerun, so I plan to stick to the core rulebook for character creation (with some lore and mechanic changes to the uncommon/evil races if anyone wants to play one). I tend to reward inspiration to players who lean into their character and make heroic (or foolish) decisions.

I plan to use Fantasy Grounds Classic for the game and Discord for video and voice.

Setting Info
    As above, the world this game will take place in is called Ardra. It is largely in an age of swords and kings, with humans being the most populous race and fantasy folk like elves and dwarves being well-known but generally reclusive. Magic users and divinely-blessed clerics are rare but not unheard of. The most renowned threat to the peace is an unsure entity known as the Dark One, something common folk attribute to nearly every bad thing that occurs in the world, from orcs to bad weather.

I see the gods as something for the players to decide, being that they are the ones who are praying to them, so tend to remain vague about the greater forces of the world. Feel free to make your own god.

There is a working map of the continent but I have also left open space for players to make up new homes and backstory locations.

Character Creation
    We will have a short session zero beforehand to meet up, discuss the game and make characters together. Come with an idea of what you might want to play but do not come with a filled out character sheet.

For basic character creation, we'll start at level 1 and use point buy. I'm willing to work out small homebrew change-ups for your characters (custom spells, backgrounds, ect.)

Rule Changes
    Death/Dying. Instead of racking up death saves, you will roll a d4 on your first downed turn to see how many rounds you have left.
    Backgrounds. No background features.

Sessions
    I plan to create the adventure around your characters' stories. We'll see how long the game runs for but I expect at least a few months.

So far we're looking to play on Fridays somewhere between 4pm to midnight (PST).
    Last edited by Vathe; October 29th, 2021 at 16:33.

Hey I’ve been looking for a harder campaign and this looks right up my ally if you’d have me I’d love to play!

Sure! Send me your Discord in a PM and we'll talk it out.

I'll add a little bit more about the setting to the original post.

Still looking for one more player!

Thread Information