DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Rate of Fire effect on Initiative question

When I right-click my initiative for my shortbow and select 2, my character's initiative is hardcoded to 1,6 in the combat tracker. Can somebody explain what rule this is based on and where I might find it in the books for my DM? Thanks!

That sounds like you're using my extension. That's Hackmaster rules, not 2E.

I thought I'd hidden that feature if you didn't have Hackmaster initiative enabled in the extension, but if you're seeing it, I guess not. If you want two separate initiatives in the tracker, though, rather than just firing both arrows when your turn comes up (as you'd do in the base 2E ruleset), use "Roll Additional Initiative" for the 2nd attack. If you want to use it as the base ruleset has it implemented, just click once to roll your initiative and fire all your arrows whenever your turn comes up.

I'll look into fixing (or at least hiding, since I don't know what a "correct" implementation for rate of fire would be in 2E) that Rate of Fire option if you don't have Hackmaster initiative selected.
    Last edited by Sterno; October 26th, 2021 at 14:07.

Blog Entries
    I quite like that.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    When I right-click my initiative for my shortbow and select 2, my character's initiative is hardcoded to 1,6 in the combat tracker. Can somebody explain what rule this is based on and where I might find it in the books for my DM? Thanks!
    2E secondary attacks are held in order after all the primary actions have been resolved. So if you have 2 attacks, you get 1, then move to end of round then perform that action when it's your turn. To do this you press the "delay" option when your first action is done.

That said, it sounds like you're running Sterno's extension which is not 2E
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    That sounds like you're using my extension. That's Hackmaster rules, not 2E.

I thought I'd hidden that feature if you didn't have Hackmaster initiative enabled in the extension, but if you're seeing it, I guess not. If you want two separate initiatives in the tracker, though, rather than just firing both arrows when your turn comes up (as you'd do in the base 2E ruleset), use "Roll Additional Initiative" for the 2nd attack. If you want to use it as the base ruleset has it implemented, just click once to roll your initiative and fire all your arrows whenever your turn comes up.

I'll look into fixing (or at least hiding, since I don't know what a "correct" implementation for rate of fire would be in 2E) that Rate of Fire option if you don't have Hackmaster initiative selected.
    Can you leave it as an option we can enable? I have been using the Delay to the end of the round, but there are some things I'd like to use this option with now that I know about it.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks @Sterno and @celestian! Very helpful!

I mean, doing absolutely nothing is my simplest option JohnD, so yeah, I can probably leave it as-is unless a bunch of other people get confused about it.

Thread Information