DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Traveller Space Maps

Good morning.

I am looking for an online tool which I use to create sector and sub sector maps which I can then import into FG. I am not looking for a random sector generator as I already know the worlds etc. Just looking for a tool to map it nicely and generate the image.

Any thoughts please?

Hi Kent, I use https://travellermap.com/.

This tool takes some playing around with but is extremely useful for making and importing maps into FG on the fly or prepared maps prior to your game sessions.

Often times I just take a Snippet but there is also a share link in the option in the upper right. Sometimes I just share the link when my table needs some context to what I am looking at. Lastly, I recently started screen sharing my web browser in Discord. I have 2 tabs open. Traveller Map and Traveller Tools to quickly generate trade.

You gave me an idea for some more quick how-to videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent3205 View Post
    Good morning.

I am looking for an online tool which I use to create sector and sub sector maps which I can then import into FG. I am not looking for a random sector generator as I already know the worlds etc. Just looking for a tool to map it nicely and generate the image.

Any thoughts please?
    I use the following tools:
    I 'll create a subsector here https://zhodani.space/stuff/generato...tor-generator/ I get the text data of the worlds (UWP needs to be checked, since this generator creates worlds that are impossible according to the rules of MgT2) and the map of the subsector in png or jpeg
    Next, after collecting all 16 subsectors, I format the data for this generator https://campaignwiki.org/traveller/uwp/sector/map/1 It creates a map of the entire sector with trade routes and connections, but it does not allow you to download the image. Then I draw the routes manually in FG

Text data can be filled with your own data, and generators will draw everything.
    Last edited by Serg Barbeau; October 26th, 2021 at 14:46.

Thanks

I will try that. My intent was (1) generate a full sector/sub sector map, (2) share a player version ie leave of unknown systems they will later find, and (3) have the image in FG and link the worlds which are in FG. Interestingly FG Traveller has a tab for "homeworlds" but no tab for sector/subsector maps. As far as I can tell the latter are just in images. I also bought Beyond the Claw yesterday. Even the subsector maps in that didn't seem to link to the world entries.

Thanks Serg. I will try that also.

Thread Information