FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 17 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Yeah don't add it to the attack column. I'll see about scripting this instead of using the modifier box.

Enhancement: Randomly Roll NPC HP by HD

If you're still looking for enhancement ideas, I'd love the ability to generate encounters with randomized HP based on the NPC HD. I think the 2e system does this if the NPC's HP is left blank. It's a nice feature to keep NPCs from getting too predictable.

Yup right now you can adjust the HP on the encounter.

Right. I saw that. It's just not really useful for my purposes as it applies the same HP to all NPCs in the group—that's exactly what I'm wanting to avoid with randomized HP. So, I'll continue pre-rolling HP and manually overriding in the CT to avoid creating even more work for myself. Seems like the intended use for the feature that's there is tweaking HP for encounter balance purposes which isn't something I ever do. It's up to my parties to "re-balance" the encounter through clever play.

You can add the same NPC to the encounter and do the HP assignment there. (You can have 5 different Orcs for example) That way all your prep is done before the game. Each monster has an assigned HP in the Tome so I don't see myself adding this. For the BX converter extension I did script it because sometimes the FG store module is missing hp data.

Right. I can manually drag a link 10 times or however many times I need to reach the correct count. That doesn't cover random encounters, though, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Each monster has an assigned HP in the Tome
    The hp listed in parentheses is the average HP based on HD, not an hp assignment. Only <1HD monsters have assigned hp. The difference between assigned hp and average hp is indicated by the presence or lack of parentheses.

• Monsters are assigned HD. For monsters, HD is defined as, "The number of d8s rolled to determine an individual's hit points." (See "Game Statistics" in any OSE rule book which includes monster listings. It's on page 18 of the OSE AF Ref's Tome.)
    • Monsters with <1 HD do have assigned HP; e.g. Normal Bat. For these monsters only HP is listed and it does not appear in parenthesis.
    • The HD section of the statblock lists the average hit points in parenthesis. This is not a canonical assignment of HP, but a convenience feature of OSE statblocks.
    Last edited by Tuirgin; March 13th, 2022 at 04:05. Reason: Added simpler summary statement

Is it possible to change settings to use AAC and show in the character sheet?

Yeah I still have no plans to to change the system to ascending AC as that is the optional rule. FG does all of the calculations for you so its really just a preference thing. Thanks for the feedback though.

Blog Entries

Charisma Abbreviation Incorrect?

So, I've been working on entering and setting up some homebrew content and noticed that the abbreviation for Charisma is noted as both CHR and CHA in different locations. Below is a screenshot of a few locations located but I am pretty sure there are more.?

If needed I can go through the ruleset and see what I can find??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information