DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Release V1.0 which should resolve this issue.

Let me know if you have any problems with it etc.

-pete
    In the last day or so, this extension has stopped calculating any additional encumbrance allowance on individual character sheets between log ins. It's possible for to get it to work, but it has to be fixed every log in.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    In the last day or so, this extension has stopped calculating any additional encumbrance allowance on individual character sheets between log ins. It's possible for to get it to work, but it has to be fixed every log in.
    Yep the latest ruleset has changed how encumbrance is calculated, the ruleset changes a number of things in the makeup of the character sheet.

I noticed this when I checked the changes earlier today. Just not had any time to look over these changes.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

v1.4 now released with fixes caused by the change in ruleset code.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Still loving the extension, but there's been a persistent issue since the last major ruleset change. Your extension works, but when coupled with the auto encumbrance extension there is an intermittent issue with encumbrance calculation.

Let me try to illustrate.

For context - 5e game.

I have a character that I have given an additional 5 lbs of weight limit to in the encumbrance section. Normally, the limit is 55lbs (11 STR), but with your ext the new allowance is 60lbs. At 55lbs (or greater) the chat window states that the character is encumbered (auto encumbrance message, I'm sure), but in the combat tracker the character is not encumbered and rarely the character will be encumbered for short periods, but I cannot identify the trigger for what causes it to happen and remedy itself.

In sum, I think there is still a small issue between the two extensions.

Still loving the extension, but there's been a persistent issue since the last major ruleset change. Your extension works, but when coupled with the auto encumbrance extension there is an intermittent issue with encumbrance calculation.

For context - 5e game.

I have a character that I have given an additional 5 lbs of weight limit to in the encumbrance section. Normally, the limit is 55lbs (11 STR), but with your ext the new allowance is 60lbs. At 55lbs (or greater) the chat window states that the character is encumbered (auto encumbrance message, I'm sure), but in the combat tracker the character is not encumbered and rarely the character will be encumbered for short periods, but I cannot identify the trigger for what causes it to happen and remedy itself.

I can well imagine this sort of thing. I updated encumbrance tweak a while ago when the ruleset changed, and noticed that the auto encumbrance had not been updated. Then forgot all about it !!!

My guess is that auto encumbrance has now been updated, and the encumbrance tweak has to call different update/link function into the auto encumbrance.

I've added it to my todo list to check... but I've been busy with work, so not had a lot of time on extension over the last month or so..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

For context - 5e game.

v1.5 now released with some updated based on changes to auto encumbrance.

I could not replicate your intermittent issue, so please see if this update clears that up or not. I've added a check for when the option encumbrance variant mode is changed, just in case this allowed auto encumbrance to update while not been refreshed with encumbrance tweak updates. ( So maybe it was this, but I can not imagine you changing this on the fly in the game... )

I guess you will need to keep an eye and see if 'do something' and see it not have the effect on the CT. Note auto encumbrance only outputs text if it 'adds' the effect, so some other extension might be removing the effect.. Or maybe a player removed it by manual. And then changed an item and it re-added it as the character weight changed ?

With such little information, its only guess work, it could be a fault at auto encumbrance level and a different extension interaction with clearing effects. I just dont know.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v1.5 now released with some updated based on changes to auto encumbrance.

I could not replicate your intermittent issue, so please see if this update clears that up or not. I've added a check for when the option encumbrance variant mode is changed, just in case this allowed auto encumbrance to update while not been refreshed with encumbrance tweak updates. ( So maybe it was this, but I can not imagine you changing this on the fly in the game... )

I guess you will need to keep an eye and see if 'do something' and see it not have the effect on the CT. Note auto encumbrance only outputs text if it 'adds' the effect, so some other extension might be removing the effect.. Or maybe a player removed it by manual. And then changed an item and it re-added it as the character weight changed ?

With such little information, its only guess work, it could be a fault at auto encumbrance level and a different extension interaction with clearing effects. I just dont know.
    I genuinely appreciate you working towards fixing the issue and I wish I could be of more help because I know troubleshooting can be supremely frustrating. Particularly when the problem isn't clear. I'm really not sure how else to help pin down the problem, but I can provide a bit more visual evidence and see if that helps.

Marker 1. Shows the character as encumbered in the chat box
    Marker 2. Shows the additional encumbrance value that I have given the character using your extension.
    Marker 3. Marker 3 shows the inventory sheet registering the custom change to the encumbrance value.
    Marker 4. Shows that the character is not encumbered in the combat tracker.

Encumbrance.png

I genuinely appreciate you working towards fixing the issue and I wish I could be of more help because I know troubleshooting can be supremely frustrating. Particularly when the problem isn't clear. I'm really not sure how else to help pin down the problem, but I can provide a bit more visual evidence and see if that helps.

Marker 1. Shows the character as encumbered in the chat box
    Marker 2. Shows the additional encumbrance value that I have given the character using your extension.
    Marker 3. Marker 3 shows the inventory sheet registering the custom change to the encumbrance value.
    Marker 4. Shows that the character is not encumbered in the combat tracker.

Encumbrance.png
    I see the numbers but your characters has an encumbers limit of 60, and current of 57, so its not encumbered... which is shown in the CT as no-effect.

So the CT is correct, and the application of weight is correct.

The 'effects' in the chat window, only show when an effect is 'added' and not when removed. The issue is that when the system updates 'encumbered' value in character this causes 'effect revalidation in the auto encumbrance', then when the system updates 'heavy' this changes a value and causes 'effect revalidation in the auto encumbrance' etc... because it not possible to set '4 variables' at once... you end up with 4 'updates' to the 'auto encumbrance'... in this case it 'passes' through a state that 'add the effect encumbered' and then as other values were been updated the auto effect realises it does not have encumbrance... and so removes it off the CT...

I'll take a look but this would probably require some feedback into 'auto encumbrance' to force it to evaluate at a specfic location... But I'll take a look to see if I can drive that from my extension side.

Hope this clears this up, and hope ive got the issue you are having correct in my head ?

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I see the numbers but your characters has an encumbers limit of 60, and current of 57, so its not encumbered... which is shown in the CT as no-effect.

The 'effects' in the chat window, only show when an effect is 'added' and not when removed. The issue is that when the system updates 'encumbered' value in character this causes 'effect revalidation in the auto encumbrance', then when the system updates 'heavy' this changes a value and causes 'effect revalidation in the auto encumbrance' etc... because it not possible to set '4 variables' at once... you end up with 4 'updates' to the 'auto encumbrance'... in this case it 'passes' through a state that 'add the effect encumbered' and then as other values were been updated the auto effect realises it does not have encumbrance... and so removes it off the CT...

I'll take a look but this would probably require some feedback into 'auto encumbrance' to force it to evaluate at a specfic location... But I'll take a look to see if I can drive that from my extension side.

Hope this clears this up, and hope ive got the issue you are having correct in my head ?

-pete
    Ya, I understand. Generally, the 'bug' is only very minor annoyance, but occasionally something happens that causes the additional encumbrance (enabled by your extension) to be ignored and then the character does get encumbered. I know that doesn't help and I apologize, but I know even less about the interactions than you do.

Usually, these issues only surface when I first load FG. After which, I'll typically re-apply the additional encumbrance value via your extension and there aren't any further problems for that session.

Don't devote a lot of time to this if you don't particularly care about it because it really is a very minor issue, I really just wanted you to be aware of it in case you decided to later build on the idea only to find out that the foundation had a crack in it.
    Last edited by BushViper; May 21st, 2022 at 19:56.

-pete
    I just realized I didn't answer your question - The chat message in my screenshot pops up when I first log in and then open the character sheet the first time.

Thread Information