FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I do not have this issue in my test 5E campaign (see picture) of both unlocked and editable.

I'll need more information on exact steps with a new campaign, if you are seeing an issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Not sure if this is the same as what was seen in the earlier post, but I've seen this where you can't start entering data until locking the index and selecting a page.

To recreate with a new reference manual in a new (5E) campaign:
    1. Open Builder with no data
    2. Hit New Chapter, the view now looks like this: Capture1.JPG
    3. Click on the <<New Page>>, the right hand panel is blank with no options or ability to enter text
    4. Add a few pages and give them names, the right hand panel remains blank even though it looks like Page 2 is selected: Capture2.JPG

This seems to be because you cannot select a page while the index is unlocked for editing. It selects the page name for editing, but doesn't change the actual page view - perhaps it could do both in the unlocked case?

Once you lock the index, you can then select a page and begin editing as expected: Capture3.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to double click on the page to see the edit icons.

So click New Chapter then double click on <<New Page>> to open it - either before or after you name the page
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    My thought process was if story entries were going to be replaced with ref-man (not even announced as a thing, just my thought experiment) they'd need to function the same... Also would need to be able to load a ref-man page on a pin for a map as well. We'll need someway to get links to those pages/etc.

The upside is, inline images and fancy text formatting!

Indeed they would. Currently the refmanual on it's own is not really something you could create an adventure module in if story entries are still required since as you say you'd need to enter everything twice. Some bulk transfer would be needed to create the story entries from the ref manual pages or vice versa. But, if we now longer need story entries for adventures then the ref pages would need to function like story pages do now. I'd be happy to drop story entries since the refmanuals are so much better.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You need to double click on the page to see the edit icons.

So click New Chapter then double click on <<New Page>> to open it - either before or after you name the page
    Ah, thanks, yes double clicking it does work. I didn't really expect that since it is single click when the index is locked. I wonder if its possible to have single click do both - select the page name for editing and also switch the page view on the right, just to avoid having to double click. The only other double click I've come across in the Builder is frame selection, but maybe there are others I haven't run into yet.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    2E ruleset does single drag/drop story entries natively to just about anything tho might need a tweak to work with the builder entries. I mostly want the bulk import My point was mostly about having to enter text twice which should never happen.
    I was just being cheeky.

It seems to be pretty common that the ref builder window gets confused about the XY coordinates of the controls on the page being edited. Sometimes clicking on the actual controls don't give it focus, but clicking a little bit above the control does. It seems to repro somewhat randomly but if I get a solid set of steps I will post here.

You have to double click the entries to start editing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You have to double click the entries to start editing them.
    Was that a response to my last post? The issue I'm talking about is WHILE editing a page, not an issue with being able to start editing the page.

@darrenan, please let me know if you find any steps to reproduce. I deliberately added the background color to the text fields while editing, so that the user could see where to click to edit the text. If that is off, it may be a client-level issue to investigate.

@Ecks, I think I'll look into making everything single click as much as possible with the builder in the next pass, so that should help alleviate any confusion. The double click was originally a way to trigger page activation, without having the page refresh every time the page name is clicked.

Regards,
    JPG

It looks to me like the top line with the link, title, and lock control might be screwing things up. Whenever I get this issue, if I mouse over that top line and then scroll it up so it's not visible and then scroll back, that seems to fix it. It's like it's not counting the height of the top line when computing the locations of controls. I always need to click above the location of the control I intend to click on, so it's thinking the 'y' location of the intended control is smaller than it should be. I still don't have a reliable way to get into that state, but hopefully my 'fix' will give you some clue about what's going wrong.

It seems kind of weird to me that the top line can be scrolled off the top of the page at all. It should be fixed location and always visible at the top shouldn't it? The scrollbar should only apply to the content.

P.S. This issue isn't just limited to the blocks in the content. It applies to the "button_iadd_block_xxx" buttons at the bottom, and the link and lock button at the top. When I get into this state I need to do the scroll trick to even be able to lock/unlock the page, or add a new block.
    Last edited by darrenan; October 25th, 2021 at 18:55.

Thread Information