DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I think I had the Author extension loaded and it was breaking some things. It's all good now.
    Yup, author will definitely break in the beta right now. A lot of the export functionality changed.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Was playing with the Builder... one thing it needs is the ability to import story entries (unless there are near-term plans to drop story entries for ref-manual entries exclusively).

Bulk import and individual import.

Allow folks to import the story entries and do something like Author and build a simple chapter system based on their "group/category" and then we do the editing manually once it's imported.

Allow drag/drop (append) to a ref-manual page entry of a individual story...

Without these things... we'll be typing/formatting all this stuff twice.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Was playing with the Builder... one thing it needs is the ability to import story entries (unless there are near-term plans to drop story entries for ref-manual entries exclusively).

Bulk import and individual import.

Allow folks to import the story entries and do something like Author and build a simple chapter system based on their "group/category" and then we do the editing manually once it's imported.

Allow drag/drop (append) to a ref-manual page entry of a individual story...

Without these things... we'll be typing/formatting all this stuff twice.

*ahem* Gratuitous plug of extension https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/185/view

I hope there are no plans to drop story entries, they serve a definite purpose to me. Ref Man entries are great for non-adventure content that should always be static, but adventure content is frequently changed by the DM. As story entries, the DM can tweak and edit the content as necessary.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    *ahem* Gratuitous plug of extension https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/185/view
    2E ruleset does single drag/drop story entries natively to just about anything tho might need a tweak to work with the builder entries. I mostly want the bulk import My point was mostly about having to enter text twice which should never happen.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I hope there are no plans to drop story entries, they serve a definite purpose to me. Ref Man entries are great for non-adventure content that should always be static, but adventure content is frequently changed by the DM. As story entries, the DM can tweak and edit the content as necessary.
    You can already edit story entries even on purchased content. Why would that be different if story entries moved to ref-manual pages.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Reference Manuals are now editable if the module isn't set to be Read Only
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You can already edit story entries even on purchased content. Why would that be different if story entries moved to ref-manual pages.
    He means if story entries go away and only a ref manual remains. I’m not at a computer to check but can’t you edit the refmanual entries in the builder?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Reference Manuals are now editable if the module isn't set to be Read Only
    That’s good. So as long as the adventure modules are not marked locked you could use the ref manual for everything
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    He means if story entries go away and only a ref manual remains. I’m not at a computer to check but can’t you edit the refmanual entries in the builder?
    My thought process was if story entries were going to be replaced with ref-man (not even announced as a thing, just my thought experiment) they'd need to function the same... Also would need to be able to load a ref-man page on a pin for a map as well. We'll need someway to get links to those pages/etc.

The upside is, inline images and fancy text formatting!
    ---

Thread Information