DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

General 2021-11 Ruleset Updates Feedback

Just wanted to share some quick general feedback on the first changes without going into too much details. I think specific threads for specific things are better.

- The new sidebar funcionality is amazing, really nice stuff
    - The new modules window with export and reference menu builder is also nice, no more need to type in chat
    - The reference menu builder looks great so far and really intuitive
    - Paging support is definitely nice to have

Haven't checked the code changes for now.

All in all I think the changes go in the "right" direction being more intuitive and end-user friendly (especially beginners). I honestly only expected changes under the hood so all the new stuff is definitely a nice surprise.

Thanks for the feedback. Really glad to hear all the likes
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Yup, I really like the changes so far, too Finally I will also try to build reference manuals for our group

Is the reference manual builder stuff currently a work in progress? Will we eventually be able to edit pages as well? Seems like I can only edit the structure of the navigation pane right now.

You should be able to edit the pages themselves. There's a separate lock icon for the index vs. each page. It may also depend on how the reference manual was built. In the built-in reference manual builder, you can edit both, and then export correctly to either read-only or edit-able.

Regards,
    JPG

I think I had the Author extension loaded and it was breaking some things. It's all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Is the reference manual builder stuff currently a work in progress? Will we eventually be able to edit pages as well? Seems like I can only edit the structure of the navigation pane right now.
    Same here and I don't have any extensions loaded. Structure is fine, but not the pages. I don't see any lock icon for the page, only for the index. Tested with the latest CoreRPG in Test Channel.

I've found you must lock the index to edit the pages.

That did the trick. The pages didn't appear immediately in the index so I didn't click on them once the index was locked. Maybe it could be made a bit more obvious how it works. :-)

I do not have this issue in my test 5E campaign (see picture) of both unlocked and editable.

I'll need more information on exact steps with a new campaign, if you are seeing an issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information