DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Moving FG to another PC

Howdy,

Has anyone had success with moving their entire FG install to another PC? (laptop)

If so, how do you recommend I do it?
    FG Ultimate License
    Noob 5e DM - Princes of the Apocalypse & The Lost Mine of Phandelver
    GMT -6 CST USA

Install on new PC, copy entire campaign, extensions, & modules folder from following location.

"<User>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds"

And you should be good.

Ok great ill try that. I did copy campaigns but then my tokens didnt show. They must be in those other folders you mentioned.

Is it possible to have everything in my google drive folder and run it from either machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Install on new PC, copy entire campaign, extensions, & modules folder from following location.

"<User>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds"

And you should be good.
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

Blog Entries
    if the tokens are in modules you might have to activate them again. tokens -> modules -> select and activate
    dont forget to set your STeam and Forum details in Settings so that DLC can be downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighteez View Post
    Is it possible to have everything in my google drive folder and run it from either machine?
    Don't do this. A number of people have reported campaign/data corruption when their FG data directory was pointed at a cloud sync service like Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc..

You can do manual backups to Google Drive in order to transfer data from one computer to another, but don't use Google Drive directly on your FG App Data directories.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Roger that.

Maybe I'll just run it with those 2 directories existing on a flash drive on my keychain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Don't do this. A number of people have reported campaign/data corruption when their FG data directory was pointed at a cloud sync service like Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc..

You can do manual backups to Google Drive in order to transfer data from one computer to another, but don't use Google Drive directly on your FG App Data directories.
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

Blog Entries
    I would stick with your local harddrive... at the beginning or end of each session zip up the campaign that you have just played and copy that to your favourite cloud storage location.

If that were my only option id have to say that running a campaign from 2 machines (suxh as work and home) is not possible with Fantasy Grounds. I mean sure you can do it that way... But no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I would stick with your local harddrive... at the beginning or end of each session zip up the campaign that you have just played and copy that to your favourite cloud storage location.
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

What if I have no access to the computer that crashed. I have a new computer but the download will not work. It says I am in Demo mode. I have a license key. Where would I find this other information?

Thank you,

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by onderbrtn View Post
    What if I have no access to the computer that crashed. I have a new computer but the download will not work. It says I am in Demo mode. I have a license key. Where would I find this other information?

Thank you,

Bart
    Welcome to the forums, sorry your'e having issues getting your new computer up and runnning.

Your license key is available from the Store link at the top of wesbite -> Order History -> <the order you placed to buy the license>

Put this in the FG Settings window and then run an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information