DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Psionics

Psionics

Hello,

I am posting in part because I am new at posting and because I'd really like to add Psionics as playable characters in my AD&D game. I know there is no Psionic HB out yet. Is there any plan for Fantasy Grounds to sell it? Is there any potential for anyone to sell it on Forge? Is it possible to transplant someone else's work and uploaded into my campaign?

Thanks

Welcome!

Psionics are a somewhat difficult topic, as there were different versions of it during AD&D2E.
    The first implementation was the version from the "Psionics Handbook".
    Later - or more at the end - of 2E, "Player´s Options - Skills and Powers" was released.
    Here they changed a lot of stuff, implemented a point buy system and altered the way Psionics worked.
    (no more upkeep costs, mental THAC0 and mental AC, and so forth)
    This later version of the rules is coded in the 2E Ruleset, so currently there is no feasible way to convert the "Psionics Handbook" as it was.

To implement Psionics, one would have to convert "Player´s Options - Skills and Powers" or "Dark Sun revised" (as those rules are repeated there)
    PO is a beast and would require serious changes to the rest of the ruleset or an extension.
    Dark Sun revised is currently unavailable for an official conversion as Dark Sun isn´t available for 5E.

My personal opinion on the matter is that Psionics are the "Alien" in the 2E Ruleset right now.
    We can´t convert "Dark Sun revised" and nobody will probably convert "Player´s Options".
    Nobody can convert the "Psionics Handbook" either, as the mechanics are based on the later version which was afaik only used in "Dark Sun revised".

The only ways i see are:
    1. Changing the way Psionics are coded in the Ruleset to the way they were before "Player´s Options" (up to celestian)
    2. Someone writes an Extension for that (not me!)
    3. Enter what you need yourself. Someone elses work is their own and sharing that would violate copyrights

Thread Information